the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Power Acoustik

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Klapping wrote:
how about someone recommend a single sub, single amp... lol... i have too many options... and will never be able to choose... sumone mention 2 single subs, and a single amp that will make me be heard... lol

Keep your US Acoustics amp.  It puts out a clean 375 watts into 2 ohms.  Spend yur money on a 12" Adire Brahma (can be had for around $350) and a custom enclosure for it built by a local shop (~$150).   The Brahma will sound pretty sweet with 375 watts, and then after you save your money for a few months go get a more powerful amp in the 1000 watt range.

Support the12volt.com
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
You can find the Brahma at www.adireaudio.com and i agree with DYohn, in a custom enclosure you better believe that you will be heard. They don't require that 1600 RMS to be brought to full excursion as it says in the site, you can use significantly less power. That 375 is plenty if you build the right enclosure.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
i already have a box... and i really dont feel like buying another one... i have a dual 12" box... its like ported through a fat slit in the middle... but ya... i cant seem to find any sites selling adire shivas... i search google and it comes up with nuthin but reviews... ? help... link me to 2 12's and a amp to push them... so the biatch bumps...
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
You can buy it right off the site here http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AA&Category_Code=2000 and as for an amp, they really don't require much power. There is a video on their site of a shiva pumping at 60 W and it was moving. As for what you should give to of them, i would ask Steve Kephart, who is the real deal from Adire. I myself have been curious about their power ratings, as they follow suit with the Brahma of needing significantly less power to push them to full output.
Here are the statistics from the site:
PARAMVALUEPARAMVALUE
Re2.9 ohmsLe2.12 mH
Qms6.5Mms125 grams
Qes0.40Cms0.47 mm/N
Qts0.38Rms2.54 N*s/m
Fs21 HzSd481 cm^2
Vas151 litersBL11.3
Xmax16.6 mm one wayEBP51
SPL87.3 dB @ 1W/1mNo0.37%
Pmax375W per voice coil; 650W total to the driver
NOTE: Power rating is thermal only!  It is NOT a power requirement; typically you get full output with significantly less power than the rating.
PRICE$125.00
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

You can't just buy some subs and put them on any box (specially a ported box).

The box has to match the sub.

Not all subs are the same and they all require different enclosures. So what ever you end up buying you will either have to get a new box to go with your subs or find subs that will match your box and then have the box tuned to the specs of the subs.

Here start with this : https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes.asp

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Very true, you will have to have your boxed tuned to different woofers. You can't throw a 15" Pyle into a box built for a 15'' Juggernaut and expect it to sound right...
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  

A 12" Brahma in a good ported enclosure will give you plenty of bass and if u wanted to upgrade to a more powerful amplifier later...you could look into the JBL BP600.1 off www.sounddomain.com ..It's well under $200  and quite underrated. The two tricks to that amp is RCA splitters and an F-Mod, because it lacks a SSF..just an idea

Also..i know someone who's running a 15" Brahma off the 600.1 and hits 134db all day long

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
my box is... 30 inches wide... 15 inches deep... and 14 inches tall... what would the volume be? ... and would that volume work with 2 adire shivas? ...
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
you're box is 3.65^ft..I highly doubt it would work well with the 2 shivas..spend the money and have a box professionally made to it's specs..whether you go ported or sealed is your choice..personall id go ported..that's just my opinion
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

well... what is recommended for shiva 12's ported? how many cubic feet?

Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic