icon

Power Acoustik

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
You can get some Adire Shivas for $125 a piece, and a Hifonics NX750Dfor $200 or a Jbl 600.1 for $160. That will come out to between $400 and $450. If those subs fit the box you have, great, if not, sell it and make one yourself.
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
i have a bad past in making box's... it pisses me off... i want a sub that will fit my box... what would?
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Your being too stubborn and your missing our points here. Not every sub is the same. If your going to get new subs it is most likely that you will need to get a new box. It is well worth the investment and will make the world of difference in your install. Probably the only sub that would fit and work in that box would be the sub you had before. Unless you go woofers like volfenhag, pyle, and all the other junk out there like them.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
I agree, If you don't want to spend any money on a new box or attempt to learn how to build one on your own then it's obvious that quality is not that important to you in which case you could buy whatever 12's you wanted and stick them in the box you have. It could cause damage to the subs you pick especially because its ported..but hey..you didn't have to waste the money on a new box right? Not trying to be cruel..just telling you the truth.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
you guys are missing the point... I asked you for a sub that would fit my box... and no one has mentioned one yet... and... I also said i would mess around with my box if u find a sub that would fit close to it... i can unport it, etc... now, what sub would be close to the dimentions of my amp... so i dont have to do tooo much messing around with it? ... i can leave it ported, or unported...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
and one more thing... people have been recommending Shivas... and ya, they are also recommending amps that put out like 400 rms each channel... well, 800 x 1.... mono's... and , well... they have also said Us Acoustic amps are nice... Mine puts out 375 x 2... and well, 400, 375... pretty close... not that big a difference... so should i try... 2 shivas, with my amp? ... would that bump? and make my box to the recommended deminsions... let me go look at what they recommend, hold up...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
Alignment Suggestions:
Sealed:
25.5 liter with a Q of .95 Best suited for a car or a home application where space is critical.
54 liter with a Q of .707 Well suited for home theater movies as well as music applications.
88.5 liter with a Q of .6 for a tight, well defined audiophile bass output.
according to that there is a major lee-way on how big it can be... mine is like 3.65 cubic feet or sumthin like that...
3.65 (cubic feet) = 103.35649 liters
(103.35649 liters) divided by 2 = 51.678245 liters
and it is actually a little more than that if you include the other port wall...
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
2 shivas are great, and they don't require much power. If your looking for a shiva though, they require a custom box. Your amp does not chose the subs for your box. The specs on your box chose your subs, but it should be the other way around. I'd sell your box at a flea market and get what you can for it and build one on your own. The material is not expensive and it only takes minor knowledge to build one on your own. You really have to consider a new box, because every sub is different, and most likely will not fit or sound good in the box you have already.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

FYI about the USB600D amp...I have one of those too, and it's rated at  200W @ 4 ohms, 300W @ 2 ohms.  I run one sub at 200 watts.  I get that power fine, but I can't figure out how it can make 300 watts when it comes with one 20 amp fuse.  It has better than 90% efficiency, according to specs, but if you figure car voltage of 14 X 20 amps (fuse) X 90% efficiency = 252 watts.  How does it make 300, or better yet, 375 watts?  How does it do it?  I stated the rating on my amp, taken from the owner's manual, last year's model.  The USacoustics page linked to on the first page of this thread shows the new rating for this amp:  250W @ 4 and 375W @ 2 Ohms.............but look down the page.....it still has one 20 amp fuse.  I can't get the math to work.  Maybe someone can tell me what is wrong here.

It's a good amp, a lot of bang for the buck, but I can't see it putting out the power you want for two blocks of bass.  Go to the USX1000D.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
US Acoustics have always been a little overrated in power. Their fuses never match their output. Then again, there are many amps the other way, underrated like MMATS, US Amps, Cadence, etc. Really, a great budget amp company is JBL. I love them to death, as they put out clean power that is true to its ratings. Thanks to the CEA! That is the true way to find out what their spec's really are. Look out for that if you can!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic