Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
but i want something better and that hits harder than these... they suck ...
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
honestly your box size sounds just about right for two sony p5s...a little big but close enough...i have heard them hit really hard in the right box before...if you try that route though...make sure to get the red ones and not the grey ones that wall mart carries...also...power acoustik makes a decent amp for about $200 or there is always the p miller amp by bazooka for a little more...you can probably find a lot better deals on amps on the internet...i get a lot of people in at work that ask for just about what you are asking...so don't let anybody talk you out of any of these options...i'll bet you would be happy with them
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

personally i think sony sucks... and i dont kno crap about car audio... i think everyone else will agree that sony, sucks... i dont feel like getting any more xplods... i am staying away from those...

Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
i am looking for sum higher quality...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
a sub that costs 50 bucks, i feel wont be too good... for sum odd reason?
bumpingjeep 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

just a suggestion...im not a big sony guy either...but don't categorize one brand because of one specific model...no one who knows anything and is actually open minded would say that sony sucks...that would be like saying that escalades suck because they are made by the same company that makes the cavalier or the metro...its called branding...but hey...if staying away from sony makes you happy then good...taking your port displacement out of the equation...if i understood your numbers right...sounds like you box is a little larger than 2.75 cube...keeping that in mind start surfing around on the web and see what catches your eye

Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know what to search for... and i dont know quality when i see it... concidering i cant hear it... that is why i come here for people to recommend a certain sub , amp, etc... because i dont know much... i want sumone to link me to 2 nice 12's that fit my box dimensions... and an amp to push them... under 500 bucks...
bumpingjeep 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
i just did...and you didn't like my possible solution because you branded sony...anything that you hear of about quality on any forum will be opinion based and thus means nothing to you...to most of the people on here quality means something entirely different than it does to you...not a personal attack or anything...but it doesn't sound like sound like you are concerned with sq...sounds more like spl...and anyways...a large portion of how good something sounds lies in the installation...in your case how well the box matches the subs...in any case...if you want higher quality...get a better head unit...independent sub level controls and low pass crossovers on a deck can do a lot for a system
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly, I wouldn't reccomend any Sony Products to anyone looking to up the quality of their system..The pentagon subs that Sony makes will get fairly loud, but one thing that Sony lacks in their products is dependibility. The amps are complete trash IMO for the simple fact that they don't put out any power and are constantly having problems..I would reccomend Audiobahn above Sony in performance and durability. My first system which was stolen was 2 Audiobahn AW125 12" Natural Sound subs run off an Audiobahn A8000T amplifer..I put the subs in a dual pre fab box..much like the one you are using except mine was sealed...they sounded crisp and fairly loud for the most part. Both of those subs can be had for under $100 on ebay and the amp for under $200. I had no problems with the subs and the amplifier never overheated or shut down for any reason. Normally I would not reccomend Audiobahn products either but this is an option with such a tight budget. You could use your left over money and put it into a good head unit.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic