icon

2 10s or 1 10 or 12 help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
im thinkin bout gettin either 2 type r 10s with 300rms for each or 1 type x 10 or 12 with bout 900 rms to it, what do u guys think would be louder or sound better? im on a budget of bout 500 to 600 for subs and amp. this is goin in a 02 silverado most likely in sealed enclosures.
blah blah blah blah
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

Hm.... Good choices.  I haven't heard the type x but two type R should sound good.  As far as this is I would choose on budget and which setup will handle more power (and hopefully have more output). 

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

Have you thought about how you will fit a Type X in your truck?  Type R's are a tight sub and two of them in proper enclosures should pound your cab.  I dont really know what to expect from a Type X.   Soooo....

If it was my setup, I would get a Alpine Type R 12, build a sealed enclosure, power it to rms and be happy.  (actually I would look into a MTX 7500 and JL w3).  Use the money you saved on the extra amp power and subwoofer (and enclosure) and buy components and a amp for them.

What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
yea im leanin towards the 2 type r's cuz ive had one and it was great before i cracked the roll(but that was due to a poor enclosure design underneath seat, the excursion was hitting the carpet and it eventually wore down the roll to where it cracked) has anybody run the type r in anyprograms cuz i want to know the optimal air space and ill probly run it them sealed for better sq. and i am going to get an alpine 4channel and alpine s-series components.
blah blah blah blah

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic