icon

decks not coming out.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
i need a reply for this problem as soon as possible, preferably before noon tomorrow (nov30).
2 friends of mine are trying to swap decks, 1 deck is a kenwood(unknown model, it has PURPLE / black lepard print/ tiger stripes). my other friends deck is a clarion DX765(or 735, it was pitch black out tonight ;/)
now i tried using 2 generic keys i have used on 2 different Sony decks, and 1 pioneer and another clarion of similar or exact model. and they all were able to come free of the mounting bracket in the dash.
these 2 decks wont though, and i spent over an hour and a half trying to take either of them out. the kenwood deck, around the sides where you stick the keys in as you would with the sony/clarion/pioneer decks i've removed, is fairly loose, there isnt alot of friction when sliding them in and you can slide the keys up and down the sides very freely. but it is extremely hard to lock on to the holes to slide the deck out.
The Clarion deck i tried removing is the opposite, it is extremely tight sliding the keys in, and i can lock onto something, i was assuming the keys were in the right place, but they failed to unlock the deck from the mount.
The one girl is leaving tomorrow, so i'll need a quick answer.
we're going as far as ripping the dashes off if need be. but by all means, any suggestions are welcome. there is no way i can get to either deck until tomorrow, so i cant offer anymore information.
i did try 2 different keys, both which were from the one clarion deck i removed, and they also didnt work.
IF: our only option is to remove the dash, will we beable to leave the mount inplace and free each deck from its mount without removing the mount itself?
suggestions, ideas, opinions, anything is welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
K, first off you forgot to tell us what kinda cars these decks were in. One possible suggestion is that they could be backstraped from behind. I cant remember for sure, but I dont think Kenwood decks ever had any other type of release mechanisims besides the basic cage and slide set up. As far as clarion goes I really dont know if they ever had any other type of release set up but its possible there could be something along the top edge of the decks that are holding them in, kinda like the old sony decks
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
/r7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
im sorry
the first is a early 90's Chevy S10
the second is a 2000 or newer, sunfire (i think... fairly sure)
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
The sunfire is mega easy, open the glove box and there are two screws along the left edge. Take those out and the bezel around the whole deck will come out. Then there should be two 7mm bolts holding the dash kit in and you can take it out and see the deck from behind and easily figure out how its secured in. On the S10 open the glove box and there are 2 screws along the left edge, remove those. Then pull the ash try out and there are two screws in there as well. Remove those. Now the bezel surrounding the radio will come off. there are two 7mm bolt holding in the dash kit, remove those and you will be able to pull the dash kit and again see behind the deck and figure out how its secured in. Both cars should take well under 5 minutes to pull the decks out of, they are pretty basic when you know how.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
/r7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
thanks raven, i'll give this information to my friend helping me with this, hopefully we can get it done, the girl with this sunfire/clarion is moving tomorrow and its important we have this info.
thanks again, i'll update you when we're finished.
i can sleep easier now :-)
Xracerx 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
They could be hard mounted, See if the DIN is installed then you will know if they did.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic