icon

Dirty Trick

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
foltzy 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have called other local shops/stores asking if they had much experience with a 'wire stretcher'. i'd act like a customer thats running wire to a spkr location and coming up 5 inches or so short and told them that there was an actual tool that was able to stretch the copper in the wire to reach my location. to my suprise i was able to convince an installer from a small shop that these existed. i told them that Lowes carried it..Dirty Trick - Page 3 -- posted image.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Kar Tune Man, whats this work you speak of, is it  a new type of card game or a reality TV show or what. Enlighten me. Foltzy, if you called me and asked about a wire strecher and carried on about it I would finally just agree with you just to get you off the phone so I could get back to using my 6X9 hole saw :) Everyone needs 6X9's in their doors, right?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

One of the other installers decided to come behind me and remove a section of amp wire in a place that I couldn't see it. I spent an hour listening to him laugh, and me b!t(h. Once I ralized what he had done, I decided that it would be great to unplug all the wiring in his new toyota(seeing as how the engine is 80% wires). Took him a while to understand why his truck didn't crank, course I go to work every day in fear of reataliation.

Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
I like to tie the wipers into the power sun roof
electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
Of course we work, between 3 installers we can usually do 12 starters a day and when your selling/ installing astroflex that'll put about $3,000 into the bosses pocket everyday, he keeps very happy... Thankfully I have a nice boss and not a slave driver...
Mwsounds 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
When I worked at C. City, one of my co-workers wired a CIVIC SI so that he could go and steal it later. The Customer was some punk kid that call his mom because my co-worker squealed the tires because he was not used to a stick. He got writen up when punk kid's mom call the manager complaining. I don't think he actually went and stole it, but I thought it ws funny!
Thanks,
Mike Ward
Get it done right the first time!
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
makes me glad i work at a single installer shop reading all these stories...how ever i did have a good laugh when this 19-20 year old punk kid came in the second time (after he priced the system, around $2G's) and he had his parents with him and he almost threw a temper-tantrum right in the middle of the store just because his parents wouldn't give him the money to buy the system, i've seen 6 year olds take  it better when they get told no then he did...  Dirty Trick - Page 3 -- posted image.
Mwsounds 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
I like when the wife tells the husband he can't buy the system he wants! That is always a sure sign of who 1. controls the check book, 2. make the money, or 3. wears the pants in the house!
Thanks,
Mike Ward
Get it done right the first time!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic