icon

need high spl sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anthony33$ 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for a high output, high spl sub that still has descent sound quality. I listen to rap and bass cd's and I need a sub that can handle these demands at high volume. I want the sub to be recamended for ported application because I think a ported box sounds better. Does anyone have any good sub recamendations that can do this without costing a crap load of money. THANX

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Define crap load of money.  Also tell us what kind of power you have to throw at it.  i.e. what amps do you have.  If you're planning on buying amps too tell us your total budget.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
anthony33$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Something a little cheaper than a W7 or ID-max.
anthony33$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
I will buy the amp that will best power the subs. Right now i have a pioneer amp that puts out 1800 watts. But I will upgrade.
poeticdrums 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Are you looking for JUST AN SPL SUB? As in, you're only going to be listening it at really freaking high volumes? Cause if so I know soundstream makes some good stuff....but hmm I don't know about their pricing i haven't heard anything about that. It seems like almost any company anmore makes an SPL subwoofer of some kind, so just go and find one that suits your needs.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
so we'll say you want to spend under 700$ for a sub that can handle 1800RMS?
i dont know where to find prices, so i cant offer too much in your budget without knowing the price of each sub. but for spl, what about
Eclipse's 15" 9100pro, probably more then 700$ a sub though. but i imagine it'll handle anything you throw at it.
the ID-max's i saw were cheaper than the W7, the ID MAX 12 v.3, can handle 1000watts.
look into Adire, or RE, they should have something in your power range at least.
edit: i was going to mention SS as well, but i didnt know what price range they were in.
http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_subs_tarantula.html
i would go with their TR line over their newer SPLX, but if your serious about the SPL maybe thats the line for you. they are each 1000watt series though SPLX and TR.
sbcaprice305 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

re xxx

adire brahama..

there both around $450

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Try the MMATS Juggernaut, crazy SPL numbers, or the Treo CSX, that is nuts as well. Just cough up the cash lol.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

Tempest in their loaded horn box.  If made right...it'll be plenty loud.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
anthony33$ 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have been thinking about the adire brahma because its got about everything I want in a sub. Its also in the price range I'm looking for, you always hear good things about the brahma subs. The xxx is another sub I have had my I on. What would be a better buy the brahma or the xxx? both are overkill on bass and thats what Im looking for.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic