icon

geo metro kenwoon cd player probs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
ok,  to get things started here, i put a kenwood cd player in  a early to mid 1990's geo metro (can't remember the excat year)  we never had the wire harness for it so i tapped into the harness ( not cutting the actual harness out)  but i was talking to the women who owned the car and she said when she makes a left turn she looses volume or the soundcuts out (she didn't give a cealr discription) but to my knowledge the blinkers or any part of the sterring assembly as far as that goes doesn't play part into the sound system,  or at least in that way ( i know the newer dodge has the speed sensitive sound) but not like this. i used my meter to find the power and ground wires and a battery to find the 4 speakers. all the wires in the harness are used  so there isn't no extra wire going in for a dimmer or anything like that,  does anyone have any clue to what could cause that?  i had a mechanic mention to check the blinker bulbs because he had a ca that had a 2 wire buld instead of a 1 wire and if screwed things up.  but maybe someone out there has come across this befor or maybe even point me in a starting direction.
Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
see if the factory speakers have been replaced. you may have a speaker lead or speaker wire that is gounding when she turns.  a lot of aftermarket radios shut down all audio if any speaker wires are shorted
electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic