icon

2000 Mazda 626, clutch switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Autosexual 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
I am working on a 200 Mazda 626.  It is a standard and I am putting in a viper 554R two way alarm with remote start.  I wanted to get experimental and bypass the clutch so I no longer have to step on the clutch to start the car, so I connected the two wires to the switch to bypass it and it worked fine.  But after I disconnected the wires and plugged the switch back in the car cranks but does not turn over.  What did I do?  Did I fry the immobilizer?  Could I have blown a fuse?  Does any one know?  I need help!
jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
your computer could have set a code, disconnect the battery for 1 min, reconnect, and try to start it.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Not a smart move either, you leave yourself wide open for a lawsuit as the vehicle can now start in gear.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
taz23340 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
best thing to do is to use the groung when running output (the one for the immobilizer) to hook up a relay that sends ground to the clutch when you press on the start button on the remote.
seracis 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
or use a manual transmission safety interface.
Autosexual 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
It was a simple problem, I disconnected a senser.  The car still started 4 or 5 times after I disconnected it so it took me a while to put the car not starting and me disconecting the senser together.  I was thinking the car would not start in result of what I was working on at the time.  And yes that is good advice not to remove the clutch switch to avoid a lawsuit.
Autosexual 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

Well Bob K, I hope you live in a city where they only allow cars that are1990 and newer because before that they did not put clutch switches in all manual cars.  Otherwise you might want to move to a city where they ride horse back.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic