icon

high output alternator - Florida

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Hey switch hitter, i found that guy. He lives by me old house and i could have my friend ship it down. Do you recommend his alternators? Does he run good bizness? Did you purchase a high output alternator? Any need of service or did you use your warranty? Did he give a warranty on the alt? Sorry about the million questions but these are things i need to know before I invest in this.
 - Tony.... P.S. this is much appreciated !!!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
DDexter 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Guy, try Mean Green ( www.mean-green.com ).  I have one of their 200amp alternators in my Explorer.  I'm not sure of all the details,  but what I do know is that it has made the differences I needed.  ( I can run my 1800 watt rms amp for the subs,  300 watt rms amp for the speakers at high volume,  the headlights,  defroster,  windsheild wipers front and rear,  and rear defroster, while pushing all window switches,  and it will only show a small small dip in voltage loss.  The stock would have shut down)  

It works well,  was a direct bolt on (the alternator is noticealby larger than stock but still fits in without any modifications, granted you have to coax the heater returns a bit, but no big deal)   Also plan on upgrading the positive and negative cables (no big deal though,  you can use the stock ones in conjunction with new ones with some new hardware)   and plan on replacing the fan belt to a slightly smaller size (about 1/2 to 1 inch).

~wayland
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
if i were you, i would not try to find some one to build me such a big alternator, i would just run dual alternators, one for your system and one for your ride..........but that's up to you, i would just find it cheeper and in my eyes better.
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
if anything, running duals would be more expensive.  You'd need brackets, wires, a new belt.   Not to mention, you now need to find more space under the hood.  Not an easy task with a truck with wires and tubes running everywhere.
~wayland
switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
Hey switch hitter, i found that guy. He lives by me old house and i could have my friend ship it down. Do you recommend his alternators? Does he run good bizness? Did you purchase a high output alternator? Any need of service or did you use your warranty? Did he give a warranty on the alt? Sorry about the million questions but these are things i need to know before I invest in this.
 - Tony.... P.S. this is much appreciated !!!

I would recommend him, i bought an alternator from him about a year ago. But you will need to get intouch with him about all the questions you have....because i cant remember...hope you get what you want
2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
His alts don't put out 200 Hot, they do about 90 lol. Need to find something a little more efficient... i'm checking into that mean-green
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

they do 90 at an idle, but thats decent...find me an alternator that does 200 at an idle

2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
nah, more so looking for an alt that does about 130-140 idle. I mean hi output alt lol.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2004 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
I checked into that mean green, and i emailed them to see if they have my model. Anyone got any other High output alt recommendations? *PLEASE READ ABOVE TO SEE THE ONES ALREADY MENTIONED!!!* Thanks,

Anthony
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic