icon

Honda Accord 2000 factory alarm help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  

first of all this car just pisses me off.  no where on the car can i find what exact model it is.  it is insured as a SE.  on the back of the trunk it says special edition but most of my wiring leads me to believe its a LX, but it has an alarm.  the lock wires turned out to be GREEN/ red and BLACK/ white "Use BLACK/ white for lock and GREEN/ red for unlock on LX models without factory security (but this does have an alarm)".  so i move on to (-) parking lights and use RED / yellow at the steering column but diectwire says "Only available on the EX model.".  so what car do i have?

for the factory alarm... i have the viper 160xv factory arm and disam wires hooked up to the lock/unlock wires.  according to directwire, "Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models.  The LX models arm only with the factory transmitter."  when you lock with the viper remote the LED on the drivers door doesnt blink.  which turns me to the car being an LX, since the light does blink upon arming with the factory remote; yet i have that (-) parking light wire only for EX models above.

the customer will be pissed if i cant get the factory alarm to re-arm.  i am thinking of hooking up the vipers horn trigger and (-) door trigger and using that as an alarm.  i guess i can offer to mount the blue LED (or substitute a red LED and add it to the factory location).

anybody with ideas/suggestions/similar experienes?

MECP certified installer
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Check on the iside of the glove box or the inside side of the door for vehicle specifications
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic