icon

Trouble from ground distribution block

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have alot of engine noise coming from my speakers.  I accidentaly orderd a fused distribution block for my ground  and I have been using that could that be the cause of my trouble.
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
possibly, did you run your power wires close to your rca's.? how long is your ground?
blah blah blah blah
bigboi11 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
my ground is only about 12-15 inches long
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
do you have alot of engine noise from subs? from internal speakers? both?    are thier amps on both internals and subs?    
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
bigboi11 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
I just have alot of engine noise from the internal speakers the subs sound great.  There is a sound from the subs when i trun my head lights on and off but just for that split secound and thats it.  The internals are noisy constantly
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

what about your power wire? are you running 2 different wires or one with a distro block to the 2 amps? and how close are your power wires from your rcas?

blah blah blah blah
bigboi11 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I am running four gauge to the dist box and 8 out and I ran the power on the opposite side of the car
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
I jsut read this from http://www.bcae1.com/ thought it might apply:
"When making any connections in your audio system, remove all power from the system. One reason (there are others) is that the shield of the RCA connectors is connected to chassis ground in at least one audio component (almost always grounded in the head unit). If, at any time, the shield is allowed to come in contact with any power source, the component with the grounded shield connection will be instantly (INSTANTLY) INSTANTLY damaged (Oh, did I say instantly damaged?). This is one of the most common causes of loud engine noise and it is VERY common."
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Try a capacitor. It need not be something huge meant to help with power problems. Even a few mF should help somewhat. Just make sure the voltage rating is at least 16V, preferrably 20+.
2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2004 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
The fused distro block has nothing to do with this. List the equipment and the vehicle year,make, model. What you have is more than likely a difference in ground potentials. Any chance that you have a Pioneer head unit?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic