icon

My sub amps always dying

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 Nakamichi Amps, one for my sub. This one died a few weeks after using it so I sent it back for a replacement. I installed my brand new PA8001 this past Saturday and there was no sound from the speakers at all. The green LED lights up but sound is totally dead.
So I am trying to send this one back (second return). The dealer who sold me this says that this amp is not repaired nor refurbished but another brand new one and he tested it before shipping it to me and it worked. I am totally confused as to why a "Brand New" amp would not produce any output.   I then connected back my old Alpine MRD500 to the same voltate, same input RCAs and same speaker and that works. Is there a reason my Nak 8001 should keep dying? It is stable at 1, 2 and 4 ohms but I am connecting it to a 3ohm speaker. I would really be surprised if that is the cause. Any hints or ideas?   
I then connected it to DC 14.8V (at my apartment) and an input and a 4ohm speaker. The green power lights up but sound is absolute silence.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Ask uthinkukno, he'll tell you that Nakamichi are flawless and this entire episode is entirely your imagination. My sub amps always dying -- posted image.
It sounds like you just keep getting bad units. Is it an authorized dealer?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
kfr01,
I used to think you were credible until now but your jumping to conclusions makes me think otherwise, sorry.
After asking the dealer as to how he did his testing, and explaining to him what I did to prove it is not working, he just let me know a few minutes ago that he only checked for the power LED and did not connect any input or output and apologized to me and is sending me another new piece after I return this PA8001. And this is the third time a Nakamichi product I received (all from authorized dealers) went bad.
Don't be so affirmative when you have no idea. I only asked if anyone knew what could be the reason as the delaer did not get back to me on this yet. I got my solution now.   
If you are having a bad day at your place of work, I feel sorry for you.
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of response is that?
I was took the time to read your facts and told you what it sounded like to me.
How the hell is this being too affirmative, jumping to conclusions, or damaging to credibility?
Wasn't I right!?!?!!?! It WAS another bad unit.
How is being RIGHT damaging to credibility?
Maybe you need to look up the definition of credibility, affirmative, and conclusion. See http://www.dictionary.com/
Why would you feel sorry for someone who was RIGHT?
Back off. You asked for opinions. I read your facts. I gave one. What the f**k? I'm trying to help and you lash out...?
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
Your words "and this entire episode is entirely your imagination".. In other words, you say I was lying?
PS. say all the bad language you want if it makes you feel any better. It doesn't hurt me a bit when I know someone is having a bad day.
Have a good day!
kfr01 
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I was making a joke about someone else. Did you even read my message?
kfr01 
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

kfr01 wrote:
Ask uthinkukno, he'll tell you that Nakamichi are flawless and this entire episode is entirely your imagination. My sub amps always dying -- posted image.
It sounds like you just keep getting bad units. Is it an authorized dealer?

See... joke... then I answered your question and gave you the right answer. 

I still don't understand why you lashed out at me..?

I'm sorry if you thought I was making fun of you.  I most certainly was not. 

markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
I am not upset at you at all. Just needed some advice as I did not know why my "Brand New" Amp was not working and the dealer said he tested it before sending it to me. After I talked to him again and explained to him that the green LED still lights up even now but there is no output at the speakers end after connecting an input to the input RCA, he apologized saying all he saw was the green LED when he tested it. I am happy that he finally agreed with me and apologized on Nakamichi's behalf. I love all my Nakamichi products (3 so far). I wish I did not have to go through these problems, thats all.
kfr01 
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

Do you see that I wasn't being serious about the imagination part?  Do you see that it wasn't directed at you?  Do you see that I then gave you an honest answer?

If you see this, would you please appologize about the attack on my credibility?  I realize that I have a lot to learn, but I take my credibility very seriously.

chris_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
haha I guess you just can't make jokes about uthinkukno. I thought it was funny, all in good fun of course.
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic