icon

sentra 92 door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sufferrar 
Copper - Posts: 190
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2002 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  

hi, i have a nissa sentra 1992. here is the problem - i'm try to hook up the door locks to the alarm for remote locking/unlocking. it has a one wire system . when you ground the wire the door locks open and when cut it closes. i checked the door locks section  in this web site and found (Nissan's Single Wire '91-'95 using 1relay and 1 diode and Nissan's Single Wire '91-'95 using 2 relays). What i don't understand is that the locks will only activate during the pulse and it will go back to the original position when the pulse is gone. tell me if i'm right or wrong .  ??

sufferrar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  
can any one shed some light ?
Ickster40 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  

go into the drivers door, at the door lock switch see if theres a grey/red for lock, and a grey/blue for unlock, it should be a positive trigger.

DJ,Scottsdale Extreme Sound
sufferrar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

didn't get those wire. got a green with black stripe which when unlock goes to ground and when lock the wire is open.

it seems as when you ground this wire the locks open and when you remove the ground it closes ..I could use the (-)armed output to control the locks but i would loose the feature of ignition controlled locks. what do i do ?

All the relays for the door is built in the driver side control panel and the wire just goes to a connector at the panel . there is no way i could tap of any thing from in there unless i know the electronics in there(lots of i.c.'s and semiconducors). all i have to work with is the single wire .

Ickster40 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
IMG src="file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Copy%20of%201w300d.gif" target="_blank"
Ickster40 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  

i hope that will help you

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
if it has a single wir elocking,unlocking sytem then you need one relay and wire it to cut the wire to lock. this is done by cutting that one wire in half and putting the switch side of it on pin 87a  and the unlock wire on the same pin of the relay... then take the other side of the cut wire and put it on pin 30 from there you will take your lock wire from the alrm and put it  on pin 85 and put 12 volts on pin 86 and that should do it for you. Your alarm has to be outputing a negative on the locking/unlocking outputs.
sufferrar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

but i don't understand how will the locks remain open if the lock /unlock pulse are only going to keep the relay on as long as the pulse is there . meaning when i arm the car the lock pulse will turn the relay cutting the wire and close the lock - when the pulse is gone the relay will switch back and then the wire will be connected again causing the locks to open . you see the the output of the alarm lock/unlock are pulses(-) and not continuous - it's a continuous signal i need  . i can use the neg armed output but i would not get the ignition controled lock/unlock .

sufferrar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

lckster40   - could you send it again . don't understand what you wrote....?

IMG src="file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Copy%20of%201w300d.gif" target="_blank"

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2002 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
no it wont be connected again. pin 87a on the relay and pin 30 will always be connected at rest meaning the locks will never think the wire was broke.when you apply the unlock pulse to pin 87a the wire was not cut just a pulse was applied to it just the same as pushing the switch.you dont want a constant when the relay de-energizes the wire will go back on its own a complete circuit.when you apply a lock pulse to pin 85 you will break continuity on that wire meaning the circuit gets broke like you cutting the wire.the doors will lock thats all and go back the way they were .
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic