icon

RS in a 2004 Chrysler T&C

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
For the parking lights, when you say to 5-wire it, do you mean use a relay to change the polarity? Also not too sure about the neg signal for one of the ignition wires.
I just realized that I don't have to worry about the door locks and stuff like that if I'm only installing a remote starter. But then I'm also realizing that I'm sure they won't be able to use the factory keyless entry if the car is remotely running. oi!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
OK, when I say five wire it I dont mean switch the polarity but you actual cut the park light wire in half and set it up so that when the relay is triggered it seperates the signal so it does not let the RS feed through to the BCM. I will try to track down the diagram for this. On the 2004 Caravan I did the Keyless entry DID still work after the car wasrunning by remote start even though I was told it would not work.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat, did you happen to come across the diagram?
Thanks!
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know how hard it is to get the power wire through the firewall to get to the battery? And is it easy enough to hook up to the battery terminals, or is that a pain in this car, too?
intmd8rfn3 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
cpgoose, I did my own 2004 Caravan last year with the help of a friend. Be careful when you hear that the black key doesn't need a bypass. If it is the key and fob all in one, it does have the chip in it. I think all the 2004 and 2005s have those. Also, there should be a hole in the firewall, with a grommet (sp?) there that you could run th wires through. That is where I went through for the RS. Also, the door locks are not that hard to wire up, just have to have the diagram. Velocity Motors has quite a few diagrams that I used. Good luck.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
I cant find an actual diagram of the relay set up, but if you can understand it I can tell you how to wire it up, going through it pin by pin and listing their destinations. Let me know if that will work for you. Also on these vehicles its really easy to drill a whole threw the firewall just to the left of the steering column as there is a ton of room under the dash to get a drill in there and its fairly open on the other side so you shouldnt have much of a problem avoiding drilling through anything, just check before you drill to be safe. BTW clean out your PM box cause I tried to send you a PM and its all full.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
In the astrochart, they show the parking light wire as WHT/BRN (+) Pos in the drivers kick.  No need to "break" the wire with a relay
cpgoose 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat, yes, I can understand it if you explain it pin by pin...so that would be cool, thanks. What do you think about what KarTuneMan said about not needs to break the wire?
intmd8rfn3, which side did you run the wire through the firewall, the passenger side or the driver's side? Hopefully it wasn't difficult to hook up to the battery. And no, I don't need to hook up any door locks, so that should save me a lot of time.
By the way, what is everyone's opinion for a basic remote start. Should I just put in a DEI Valet? I don't want to use Bulldog because I've had trouble with them.
intmd8rfn3 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

The hole was on the drivers side. But as Ravendarat said, it is easy to drill through the firewall. I did that for the new rearview mirror I put in.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic