icon

Pioneer vs Kenwood

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Razor222 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
any opinions on the pioneer subs? recomendations to go with or stay away from? for instance the TS-W121SPL? jus trying to put together some ideas for a new system. cheers :)
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

i have always used pioneer headunits and i love them. never any problems, they don't skip....they are just great in my opinion.

as for the other stuff, i never really used them so i can't tell ya. but as far as headunits.

PIONEER all the way.  oh there older cd changer is awsome too. i was hitting in the mid 150's  and my cd changer is right next to my box and there is no skipping from that either Pioneer vs Kenwood - Page 2 -- posted image.

chris_h 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

I know 2 people with Pioneer subs, and they perform pretty well, especially for the price.

One pioneer 10" in a ported box is surprisingly loud in a Windstar and fills it with some decent bass.

The other guy has (3) 12"s in a Jetta and can be heard across town, and I've never heard of either guy having problems. I live in Canada so the cold weather can be  rough on some subs, but these have held up.

I have pioneer 6x9s in my car replacing the factory speakers, they sound really good but don't produce much bass at all, even for 6x9s.

Hope this helps, good luck man.

When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands
Razor222 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
hey sexyv n chris, thanks alot for that, it has helped alot :) really appreciate it!!Pioneer vs Kenwood - Page 2 -- posted image.
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
no problem  :o)
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
no problem  :o)
Krayzie81 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Personally I like Pioneer for headunits.  In terms of speakers, I wouldn't buy any of theres.  Amps, same thing, dont buy.  If I had to chose subs, I'd personally go with kenwood, but there are better companies. 
sexyvic1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

Razor222

check out kicker comp and comp vr subs, if u are on a budget, they are excellent subs.

also the older d-series kicker solobarics are sweet.

jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a pionerr 4600 and haven't had a minutes problem with it. Their head untis have always ben awesome to me, and it's all i've ever owned. Their subs, ehh, some are pretty good. The speakers--my cousin owns a pair of 5x7's and they soun really good. The amps, yes run far far away. To the Planet Audio store in fact. There's you an amp.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmmm, while I believe the pioneer amps are lacking, I have absolutly no faith in Planet Audio as well. I had nothing but bad luck and have talked to more people with bad luck than with good when it comes to that brand.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic