the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

XM or Sirius. What's better

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering what network was better. I'm planning on installing sat radio.
SoundFX
jugga-nemo 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
Personally, I like Sirius better. It has more channels (costs a little more though) and is more "user friendly" (it's easier for me to find one station that I can listen to constantly with good music through Sirius because each channel seems more set to one kind of music where XM plays many types of music on the same channel and I find myself changing stations after every song if I can find a good one). I have also noticed that XM can't hold a steady signal (which is what I thought the piont was), sirius does. Just my opinion though.
5.25" Components & 5x7 Coax Kappas w/Power Acoustik OV4-800
KAC 7252 powering 2 D3 8" Diamonds
KDC-MP728, KGC-4042A
JDAwg1080 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
I personally prefer Sirius also it has a lot more variety does take a little more of a hit on the wallet but it is very nice to haveXM or Sirius. What's better -- posted image.
A hooker made a crack about me being faster than a speeding bullet so I ripped her in half like a phone book
devilsquid 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

Id go SIrius over XM anyday...oh yea, thats right, I did!  The xm seemed to have a longer buffer for going under bridges, etc...but that was with the old Allpine set up, and i now have the brand new Sirius setup for Alpine made by Directed...so who can acutally compare service with different brand recievers?

Neways...Sirius.

Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Sirius it's just plain better in everyway possible!
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input. I'm installing Sirius
SoundFX
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  

I feel like the minority with my XM... hehehe I havent tried Sirius but I really wanted to go with it originally. I ended up getting a steal of a deal on what started out to be a pioneer xm receiver and a low profile antenna. I used it and loved it and have stayed with it since. I hear more ppl enjoying Sirius and thats cool. maybe one day I will switch too. Right now, I really enjoy XM and havent had any problems with it at all. I have a friend who enjoys Sirius, though.

I guess its just personal preference.

civic_dreams 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
ill tell ya straight up........i have both of them, and i definetly like sirius better....like the guy earlier said, it does cost a little more, but you get the better deal in the long run with sirius.....for 12.95 a month, you get everything they offer...there is no premium stations that you have to pay for extra like xm......the football package with sirius is great, plus stern on the way in 06.......another thing i really like about sirius, is that once you sign up with them, they send you a username and password that you can use from any computer ands sign onto their website and listen to the music from the computer....xm you can do that too, but its a extra 4 dolars a month.......and last but not least, with sirius, if you end up liking them, they have a lifetime package you can get for 499 and never have to pay again....where'as xm you cant do that........again, all this is just my opinion
joe12volt 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

Listen to them on the net if you haven't installed one already.

They both have examples and XM has a free 3 day online trial so you can check it out a little better.

Also Sirius seems to play more "Hit" type music where XM plays more "deeper" type cuts.

I chose XM and think their reception is better due to the satellite setup they have. Plus the extra $3.00 a month for Sirius is a consideration too. That's 30% higher. And with XM you don't have to sign up for a long time to get the low price XM already has.

But you need to A/B them on the net and make you're own choice.

1993 Ford Ranger Supercab
Alpine CDM-9821 Head Unit
Alpine SPS570a 5x7 Front And Rear Speakers
Delphi SkyFi II XM Radio
joe12volt 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Listen to them on the net if you haven't installed one already.

They both have examples and XM has a free 3 day online trial so you can check it out a little better.

Also Sirius seems to play more "Hit" type music where XM plays more "deeper" type cuts.

I chose XM and think their reception is better due to the satellite setup they have. Plus the extra $3.00 a month for Sirius is a consideration too. That's 30% higher. And with XM you don't have to sign up for a long time to get the low price XM already has.

But you need to A/B them on the net and make you're own choice.

Check out www.xm411.com and www.siriusbackstage.com to learn more about them.

1993 Ford Ranger Supercab
Alpine CDM-9821 Head Unit
Alpine SPS570a 5x7 Front And Rear Speakers
Delphi SkyFi II XM Radio
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic