icon

Is a Passlock Bypass needed 98 Transport

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

I installed an AutoStart  which makes  prostarts same set up etc.   When we talked before christmas I was just reading my info from autostarts wire sheet.   But if you read my post above, I found out when checking the indicated lock and unlock wires in the drivers side kick pannel  they require a (-) singel to activate the locks which DEI confirms my findings.    So if your 1998 transport is the same as mine and you use the wires down in the kick pannel you don't need  that inv-200.   The kick pannel pops off its held by 2  plastic gizmos.   Then if you reach down in there you will find a wire harness wrapped up in tape.  There you will find the light blue and white wire.

Used this link http://www.7thgencivic.com/wiring/index.php?change=1  plug in your 1998 transport and read what comes up.  It does a pretty good  job of itentifying all the wires needed.  

Always check  first  with a volt meter before connecting it up!

leroyer03 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I started my install today. I have the remote start working just fine but I haven't hooked up the locks and the power sliding door yet. In the installation manual I have a wire that says 500 mA ground output on the 2nd consecutive press of UNLOCK button for priority door access, or horn confirmation on the first or second press of the lock button- depending on the option that was selected in the programming menu. Where do I hook this wire up too? Do I need to use this wire? Any help would be great. Thanx
Out!
hayman 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Leroyer03

How many button remote do you have? 

I'd have to get my manual out again to be sure on this or maybe someone else will help.

So hook up your locks like I mentioned up.  This will unlock all doors and hatch.  I didn't do the door priority stuff where it opens the drivers door first then the rest of the doors on the second push of the button etc.  

Check out the DEI website for the powersliding door wire.  I belive its a (-) single also.  I would just hook up the sliding door wire to the trunk release  if you have that button on the remote.  That way when you hit the trunk button the sliding  door should open.  

shawng 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
you can check your key see if pke stamped on metal part of key if so it has chip in key
shawng
leroyer03 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, got her all done today. My 1998 Pontiac Transport Montana Ext. does not have any kind of Pass Lock protection. The install took longer then I would have liked but it saved me a couple hundred bucks. The power locks on my van work with a negative unlock and lock. I was even able to hook up the power sliding door instead of the power trunk release. If anyone needs some help on this type of van, let me know. I can help you with wire locations. I also would like to thank this forum for all of its help. I wouldn't have been able to complete the install without it. I would also like to thank hayman. He really help me out alot. Thanx again.
Out!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic