the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Is JL the best sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Why does everybody in this forum always prefer JLfor sub, there are plenty of subs that's better or the same qu. like Focal, Polk, Hertz, Cadence, Mb Quart and so on ........don't you think???????
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
JL is not the best sub. I don't even compare it with some brands. They are way overpriced. The only sub worth the cash is the W3, it is a good quality sub. W7 is a good sub but the price tag does not match what your getting. Focal is awesome, polk's are good, (Never heard of Hertz), Cadence has that wild beast out, but i like the  beast better (Dual 1 ohm voice coils), and MB Quart makes a good SQ woofer (Premium series). Adire makes awesome subs, i own 2 12'' Brahmas and they crank hooked up to my ZRS-9 Cadence amp. Check those out at www.adireaudio.com and see the glory of this woofer! - Tony
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Sancho 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
yes that's what i think I completely agree with you .....there are plenty of subs to choose from ...i check this site looks pretty cool to me
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
JL Audio makes excellant subwoofers - don't let the price tag fool you. They are worth every penny IMO. And like uthinkuknoaudio said, I wouldn't compare it with some brands - like Sony, Kenwood, Pyramid, RF, PG, etc. Is JL the best sub? -- posted image.. Are there better brands out there - depends on who you talk to. But you really can't go wrong with JL Audio, depending on what you want.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Sancho 
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
i'm not going to compare it with sony or pyramid, i trying to compare it with focal, polk, dls ...something that the same class
Sancho 
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
to uthinkuknoaudio i try to find some info on hertz subs just found it,but  not in english http://www.subwoofers.ru/cat/hertz.html just have a look on subs thanks
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Only JL audio sub worth every penny to me is the W3. The rest, forget them. Name one other JL sub worth the money. Seriously. People that say W7, i laugh at you. For half the price you can get an adire brahma and be just as good or better.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
JL makes some great subs, but I agree that they are way overpriced. If you dont believe that the W7, and JLs other woofers can take a beating, go check out realmofexcursion.com, and check out the JL section. I probably wouldnt buy any JL stuff becasue of the price, and becasue it seems to be what everyone has...I want something differant.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have seen the realmofexcursion many times. Look at the adire brahma vs the w7. Then look at their price tags. You chose which one is better...
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
JL Audio is not the best I prefer Eclipse any day..
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic