the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Is JL the best sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
i never heard eclipse subs ,how do they sound????
Head Unit:Alpine CDA 9835
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
Amp:JBL 80.4
Amp:JBL 1200.1
Sub:Adire Brahma 12 MKII
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

If you looking for pure SQ they are the best in my opinion. I have had just about every kind of sub out there and I love the Eclipse sound. SW8100's and the SW9100's are killer subs..Very high quality subs.

Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
Sancho 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
do you tried smth different than eclipse like focal tried this first than compare SQ
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
i have a A 12W6V2 and had an elcipse sw8122dvc. jl does make great subs although overpriced, but the eclipse subs rape them in sq and spl.
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
sancho, how are those quart comps working out for you. i am slightly dissipointed with my pce's. what are your feelings on these driveers?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.

Thanks for the kind words.  However I am a big fan of JL Audio.  I believe they have some great engineers and make some of the top subs on the market.  Honestly I personaly see the W7 and the Brahma as equals, not as one better than the other.  Although the Brahma has a couple advantages, they have some advantages as well.  I also greatly respect the engineering they put into their speakers.  They were able to think outside the box and come up with a low distortion motor just like we have.  For this I give them their due respect.  There aren't many companies out there doing this, including many of the one's mentioned thus far.  People shy away from the W7 for the price, but don't downplay it's abilities because of it.  Honestly I believe it to be one of the best subs on the market, it's throne shared with a very select few subs. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Sancho 
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
may be it is time to try smth more than just jl....i can't say that i do not respect jl but anyway there is always a lot of options thats sounds better like uthinkuknoaudio f.e. adire or smth else
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
Sancho 
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
bullman96 i like those mids they working for me just fine
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
I have 2 jl audio w6v1 not v2 but I did not like the way they sounded, i bought a rf punch stage 3, (pl3) dual 2 ohm in a ported enclosure and it kicks harder than both jlw6, imo jl is good but by fare the best.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

There is no such thing as "the best" sub or anything else. 

There are good manufacturers and OK manufacturers and poor ones.  JL is one of the good ones.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic