icon

04 cavalier remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scott565 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

well I have searched the forums for about 2 hrs now. tried somethings that I thought it would be..and well im still posting. 

I have the BOA 165B and the 555L passlock interface module

well heres the problem.  I wired up the remote start. tried the test wire...it starts and well it stalls out as you know cause the 555l isnt hooked up yet.  I hook up the 555l and it STILL stalls and flashes the theft light.

the R-code wires I am useing are the ones that are wrapped in the grayish electrical tape come out of the ignition switch.  black yellow to the yellow wire leading to the ignition switch.  yellow to yellow leading to the bcm.  black to black

so as you see it is something wrong with the module or my wiring since it still starts ( but doesnt stay running ) cause of the 555l

thank you in advance.  need to get this done asap before the women goes back to school in 2 days

scott565 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  
no one can help me :(
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
you have that reversed... yellow goes to key side... yellow/black  to BCM side.... read the instructions more carefully 
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
scott565 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I tried both ways and they both make the car stall
gfella2000 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
What wire from the BOA 165B  do you have going to the blue/black wire from the dei-555l? 
gfella 20000000000
scott565 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
the status wire ( the blue one )
scott565 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

anyone else that can help me it would be great since she leaves tomorrow night

thanx

oruberz 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

make sure that you let the remote start unit learn the tach.  this same thing happened to me when i installed a clifford w/ the 555L module.  i tried everything till one of my buddies told me to re-program the tach. this may not be what's wrong w/ yours, but it's worth a try.

omz
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
try grounding the black wire. reconfirm that the pink is hooked to switched power, red to constant and blue/black is to ground when running.
Still doen't work. try another mod or buy another one from BB and return it later.
Still doesn't work. Ground the blue/black and try start. Maybe there is no output on the r/s.
did you connect anything to the brown 12 gauge wire off key switch? I do know this needs to be connected. Pretty sure it is access. Test to confirm
hope it helps
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
try grounding the black wire. reconfirm that the pink is hooked to switched power, red to constant and blue/black is to ground when running.
Still doen't work. try another mod or buy another one from BB and return it later.
Still doesn't work. Ground the blue/black and try start. Maybe there is no output on the r/s.
did you connect anything to the brown 12 gauge wire off key switch? I do know this needs to be connected. Pretty sure it is access. Test to confirm
hope it helps
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic