icon

Ebay Sales

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Am I the only person here leary of equipmentsold on Ebay? I keep seeing a lot of folks telling people to go to Ebay for equipment, but personally, I wouldn't be caught buying equipment off the internet. I like to know that the place I bought my stuff from has real people with it, and a real guaranteee. I mean, if your Ebay stuff stops workin, you don't have a warranty, so you're screwed. Maybe it's just me..............
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

if you gonna buy on ebay, check the seller feedback.....some sellers on ebay provide warranty ...but why not a lot of people i think buy on ebay

Good Luck

Head Unit:Alpine CDA 9835
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
Amp:JBL 80.4
Amp:JBL 1200.1
Sub:Adire Brahma 12 MKII
gumbi_12 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
If i get something from ebay I only buy from the big stores.  Alot of big companies actually sell on ebay.  I bought several things and have never had a problem.  Alot of stuff still has manufacturers warranty as well.
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
i love ebay. btw, im poor
DDexter 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

Just buy with your credit card.  Most credit cards will provide you with the protection you need.

If the item is not as advertised, and you do not have success in the dispute with the seller, get the credit card company involved.  Their percentage cut from each sale is taken for a reason.  Don't hesitate to use it.

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Buying from a reputable (ie. near 100% positive feed back with at least a few thousand feedbacks) is pretty much the same as buying from any online store, like ikesound, onlinecarstereo, etc. I would think twice about buying from a private seller, or buying used equipment. But as long as you buy from a reputable ebay seller you should have no problem, and most of these companys offer a one year warrenty.
~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I love my eBay car!!  It's got the most reputable parts of anyone in town!  But as mentioned before, good feedback  x over 1,000 = happy buyer.
Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
~AFAccord~ 
Copper - Posts: 59
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
well i certainly learned something from that!
Black Cherry
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it."
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
ebay purchases from brands like Alpine, Kenwod, clarion, Diamond audio,MTX, bla bla bla only come with a warrenty if purchased from an authorized dealer.Not sure check out their web pages. Another thing to remember those ebay sellers generally don't install anything so when you need help now you have to go to a dealer.Those installers that will help you are the same ones who support this site. Work with your local dealers and you will get a lot further along. If our bosses can't make a little money on the products to pay quality installers,rent and the phone. You will be stuck with Walmart clerks and support that cost $100 hour. Just something to think about
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  

got to know where you buy from, ive always gotten good stuff with efficient shipping.

gcorrea

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic