icon

1996 Plymouth Neon CD Player Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinje76 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help me. I wired my CD Player the correct way, but there are two wires left that come from the car. The wires that are left are the Car Illumination and Radio Dimmer wires.

I tried to see if it would work without them and it hasn't worked. Right now I have the Car Illumination wire connected to the +12 Volt Switched/Ignition Wire and the Radio Dimmer wire is connected to the +12 Volt Battery Wire. To get the CD Player to work I have have the car lights switched on when the car is on.  I do not know what to do.

I have tried the wires the other way when the Car Illumination wire is connected to the +12 Volt Battery Wire and the Radio Dimmer wire is connected to the +12 Volt Switched/Ignition Wire, and nothing works at all this time. HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
You probably blew a fuse.  I've never seen a dimmer or illumination wire not being hooked up cause a unit to not work.  Don't try and hard wire them to the constant or switched wires.  If you can match up the dimmer and illumination wires on your install harness to your new deck's harness, that's fine.  If you can't then don't worry about it.  All you'll need to power the unit is constant, accessory, and ground.  You can go right to your battery to see if it powers up, but make sure you've checked your fuses.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
vinje76 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2004 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
I tried doing it without the dimmer and illumination wires first and it wouldnt work or turn on.
vinje76 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2004 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
My fuses seem fine and it still doesnt power up. My dome lights and gauge lights also dont come on if I try to turn them on. They worked when I had them hooked up. This is really agravating.
vinje76 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
Is there any other way I could hook up my wires cuz if i dont have the dimmer or illumination wires hooked up then I have no gauge or HVAC lights. And my dome light isnt working.
vinje76 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
Is there any other way to hook up the dimmer and illumination wires? Cuz without them connected to power I dont have any dome,HVAC, or gauge lights. I am a newbie, so be as detailed as possible. Thanks!
pampanga 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
Back to basics, make sure your dimmer switch is not off or the dimmer adj is not turned down completely. Leave them two wires alone.
vinje76 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
It's not that! 
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

Where is the ground wire attached to? You do not need to hook up either of these two wires to make a cd player work in this car. Did you hack the plugs off of the wires? Do you have a meter or are you installing using "the force"? Leave those two wires alone is right, they have nothing to do with the cd player and it's ability to turn on. If the unit is not turning on with the power and ignition lines hooked up, then a fuse is blown somewhere. www.installdr.com will show you the plugs and the colors of the wire for your vehicle.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
vinje76 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
It is attached to the chassis. The fuses are fine, I checked them again. Just for the heck of it I tried attaching the Yellow battery wire from the cd player to the BLACK / YELLOW dimmer wire and the cd player turned on when the car was on and I switched my lights on. I do not know what the hell is wrong. I think something must be wired incorrectly or something.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic