< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kwalsh24 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Oh crap no mine all only have 87 no 87a pin,
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Dude, what brand of remote starter are you trying to put in? And when am I sending you that Alpine 5 channel amp?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Kwalsh24 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Its a Prostart from Canadian Tire. Got 2 new relays with 2 87's in it (5 pin relay) going to try that bu first got to get the stupid bypass for the clutch to work.
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin, the clutch should be a positive switch. Meter the clutch under normal starting conditions to verify the type. All you need to do here is take the start wire (purple) from the Prostart, tie into it and run the line to the vehicle side of the clutch switch if it is a positive system. If it is a negative switch then we will have to do something different. BTW dude my other screen name is MR2NR if you did not figure it out.
Kwalsh24 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I figured that out lol, my car is a negative clutch, I have tried everything, even did what the install siad and it does not work, install said to use a relay 5 pin
Kwalsh24 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
BTW its a prostart 3160M for manual trannys
Kwalsh24 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Just to clarify I got the insall sheet for the R/S that tells how to make the bypass here is what I did exactly what the sheet says
87 and 30 each go to one of the 2 wires on the clutch switch, 85 to negative output when running, 86 to starter wire.
I did this and the car will not start, the parking lights flash long and then 1 quick and sometime 2 quick flashes after.
The long flash is nomal cause thats just the car starting and well thats what my other car does with the starter in it (its an auto tho)
So I am really pissed and mad over this, like I said I even whent out to get a couple relays to replace the ones I was using and there is no difference.
forbidden 
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Try remote starting it with you in the vehicle and hold the clutch down with your foot, does it start then? If it does then there is an issue with the clutch bypass. Double check that clutch switch to ensure that there is not two switches and you are on the right one. Are you 100% sure that it is a neg. clutch switch? What does the line meter when the car is cranking?
Kwalsh24 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yep done both, had the wrong switch the first time, but found the correct one. Even tried holding clutch down, all the the car does is oe long flash and then 1 quick one, I then just cliped the 2 clutch wires together and no difference, I even went out to get a new brain for it and no difference. The only thing I can think of now is that it needs to have the interior light wired and the starter kill wired cause thats the only things i dont have wired.
forbidden 
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Did you learn the tach setting yet? If the starter does not remote start with you manually pushing the clutch in, chances are that a wire still needs to be powered up to allow it to start.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic