icon

1999 Ford Taurus Remote Start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Phatsperformanc 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Roomate picked up a remote start for her 99 Taurus, having some problems. Its a Directed Boa 265B and to be honest, I think Cliffords are easier to install than this "DIY" model. Heres what I hooked up, and well it aint workin!!

Alarm Wire                                        Designation                                    Factory Wire

red fused                                           constant 12v                                   yellow
pink                                                     ignition                                             RED / lt green
orange                                                accessory                                       RED / black          
purple                                                 starter                                               RED / lt blue
brown                                                  brake switch                                   RED / lt green  
grey                                                      hood pin                                          N/A
white                                                    parking light flash                          brown
violet/white                                          tach                                                   yellow/white (off coil)

The power locks are WHOOPIN my butt! The wiring guide lists pink / YELLOW and pink/green for lock and unlock, and the remote start has 6 wires available, 2 for unlock, 2 for lock, and 2 for constant 12v. Now it lists "Master Switch" and I cut the wires listed (pink ones) and it said to test them, should see 12v when the switch is active and nothing when not pressed..doesnt do that. I figgure it has built in relays so it just completes the circuit when it locks/unlocks but again..I tested them and didnt see the 12v, so what am I missing/doing wrong? Also connected my main wires to the brain (12v, ignition, accessory, starter, and pluged in harness for ground) so I could test the start..it didnt do anything. Do I need everything hooked up for it to work? Some alarms wont function unless ALL hook-ups are made, but that was a "back in the day" thing. Then the best part is when you program it, key has to be on, and it says "do NOT program within 3 feet of brain"..umm, are they serious, where its mounted is 2 feet away (under dash where they reccommend) so that kills that! I dont have PATS (normal size key) and dont think I have a second ignition wire (starter has wiring for 2 ignitions), like I said its whoopin me. The fact that its 30 degrees outside and windy doesnt help my demeener! Any and all help is VERY appriciated!
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
grey / YELLOW and black ltgreen are also acc wires.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
12volts lt.grn/ppl or yellow   +  ignition harness
Starter RED / lt. blue   +  ignition harness
Second Starter     
Ignition RED / lt. green   +  ignition harness
Second Ignition     
Third Ignition     
Accessory gry/yel & RED / blk   +  ignition harness
Second Accessory BLACK/ lt green   +  ignition harness
Keysense     
Power Lock pink / YELLOW   -  drivers kick panel
Power Unlock pink/green   -  drivers kick panel
Lock Motor pink/black    drivers kick panel
Unlock Motor RED / white    drivers kick panel
Parking Lights+ brown    switch or fuse box
Parking Lights-     
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger BLACK/ lt. blue   +  under dash light
Notes: Also found lt. GREEN/ orange (-) at headlight switch. BLACK/ orange at GEM (instrument fuse panel) will get all doors and hatch on wagon. Rests at ground through ignition, cut and diode isolate.
Dome Supervision     
Trunk/Hatch Pin BLACK/ pink   -  at trunk light
Hood Pin     
Trunk/Hatch Release pnk/yel or gry/red    at release switch
Notes: There are 2 wires at the switch. If the switch has a pink / YELLOW and a gray/red use the pink / YELLOW as a negative trigger. If the swich has a gray/red and a purple / YELLOW, use gray/red as a positive trigger.
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm     
Factory Alarm Disarm pink/white   -  drivers kick panel
Disarm No Unlock     
Tachometer yellow/white    ignition coil
Notes: Coil & Harness behind intake manifold at back of engine compartment.
Wait to start     
Brake Wire RED / lt. Green   +  Brake switch or DKP
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger PURPLE / orange   -  
Notes: Four pin plug to right of steering column.
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
1999 Ford Taurus Remote Start problems -- posted image.
Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: PATSPart #: 555P, 555F, 556U, or 555U
Notes: N/A
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

Door locks are usually negative trigger at the GEM/Fuse box above the dr. kick panel.

There are in a Grey Plug that exits out the bottom and faces down.  They are small gauge and pink / YELLOW and pink green.

Sounds like your unit has built in relays for door locks....just wire it for a negative type door locks according to the manual that came with it and you should be good.

Door lock outputs from the boa are probably ...2 purple wires(might have in-line fuses on them), a blue, green, white, brown....sound about right?

If so cut and tape off the white and brown wires, wire up the purples to ground, and wire up the blue and green wires to the lock and unlock wires in the car....

Phatsperformanc 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies, so do I need to hook up more than 1 acc. wire, or is it ok with just the one I have? As far as door lock wires to brain I have:

RED / white                          (-) Channel 2   (trunk release I reckon)
WHITE/ black                       Lock #87A Normally Closed
GREEN/ black                      Lock #30 Common Output
violet/black                       Lock #87A Normally Open (Input) 15a
BROWN / black                     Unlock #87 Normally Closed
blue/black                         Lock #30 Common Output
violet                                  Unlock #87A Normally Open (Input) looped back to violet/black

Now normally you can just solder the wire inline on the factory unlock/lock button but it is showing/saying I need to cut the wire and connect the "master switch side of the lock wire" to one wire and the "motor side of the lock wire" to the other, but I snipped the factory pink/striped wires and the drivers door doesnt work but the other door does, which the manual states I didnt snip the right wire. It use to be simple..lock out to lock wire (strip a bit and solder in, no cutting), unlock out to unlock wire, and ground..but this is making it a bit weird for me.

And again, shouldnt the alarm start with the heavy duty wires connected and the ground..but shouldnt need the tach wire, light flash, and door locks hooked up to test it, or so I thought. Not exactly the alarm/starter I would have choose, but she wanted one now and it IS Directed..so its not the worst one out there, but dang! And let me tell ya, Taurus's have NO wire give at all..every other car had some pullable wire to give some room, not this puppy! If anyone can tell me what the deal is, it would be beyond great! Thanks again fellas!!
Phatsperformanc 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
2 more things, I know it lists a PATS transponder part number, but the Taurus isnt equiped with PATS (no security flashing light in dash or oversized key end) so thats not a problem. But the Tach wire is listed as on the coil behind intake manifold backside of engine..my coil pack is located in the front of the engine and has a plug in with 7 or so wires, one of them is yellow/white..why would it be listed in the back of the engine?
Phatsperformanc 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have a idea on this? I have looked at their site for tech info but not the best tech info. Thanks for the help!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic