icon

Door actuators - relay diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
percyv143 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
i need help on my door actuators installation.
 i am a little bit confused on how to do the wiring since i have 2 actuators but on my alarm diagram it only shows 1 actuator.
link to my alarm diagram.

please advise.
i'll appreciate it very much.
thank you.

percy
cheluboi 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
just tie both actuators together.....the green from both actuators and the blue from both aactuators and it'll work together.  jut match the colors up and tie them in together.
islandboy.....yay-E-yay!
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

ok. i'll just put them in parallel then. thanks.

percy

Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of alarm is that?
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

it's an alarm model :  LD 168-6C  ( Box print  OP168-6-C )

smallello 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

I have the same alarm as Percy http://percyv143.home.comcast.net/pix/alarm1.jpg

The diagram shows only one negative wire to activate the door locks. Everything I read says I need one to lock and one to unlock.

I know I have to cut the brown wire and install 2 relays but how do I connect the alarm to the relays when I only have 1 wire?

Thanks for the help,

Tom

percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Tom, what brown wire? my alarm diagram shows two wires that comes from the main unit (Green & Blue) for the door actuator relays. pls. clarify and better yet, post your alarm diagram too.  :)
smallello 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

The brown wire is part of the car.

I thought the blue and green were for aftermarket actuators, not the factory dor locks. The diagram shows a sinle wire for negative door switch (green).

Is that wrong?

Thanks,

Tom

percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of car do you have? bec. the wire's color  for your door may vary from car to car.  yes, the blue and green are for after market actuators and you will also use this to connect to your existing door wires.
smallello 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 1993 Nissan 300ZX.

I got this from someone who has the same car.

The diagram it shows is a blue and a green, one for unlock and 1 for lock. But the relay they show is going to an actuator. Now if your car is the same as mine (I also have a 93) then I'm assuming you have it so you can lock/unlock both doors with your passenger side. You should also hear a relay clicking from behind the passenger seat. Assuming this is all corect you can wire it how I did.
The wire you need is a thicker BROWN / yellow wire on the passenger side and solid brown on the driver side. When you use a multimeter to test it, it will read ground when locked and constat 12v when the doors are unlocked (might be the other way around, I can't remember). So you need to have 1 wire coming off of that and going to both relays.
The signal wire from the alarm goes to 86 on both relays.
Wire 85 on both relays to a fused 12v source.
Take the wires from both relays coming off 30 and connect them, then connect that 1 wire to the brown or BROWN / yellow wire.
I'm pretty sure it's 87 that is normally open, if not use 87a. (One is always closed and one is only open when signaled from the alarm. You want the signaled one.) On one of the relays you need to wire 87 to 12v and on the other you need to wire it to ground. I don't remember which is which
So basically if the doors read 12v when they are locked, if you ground that wire they will lock. If it reads ground and you give the wire 12v then they will unlock.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic