icon

Comp Set for $300?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  
a/d/s speakers and amps are both good. I haven't heard that specific model, though. And yes, Orion amps are good.
2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
I was in the same dilemma as you, I needed some 6.5" comps, I looked at the quarts and JLs and ADS but the ADS didn't have hard dome tweeters, I think ADS has gone down since they went under the Directed label. The quarts were very bright most retailers warned me of this in fact one recomended something cheaper instead. The quarts I think are the best of the group. JL and alpine don't really compete that well. I wound up w/ some Rainbow Audio speakers, although I am still waiting for them... Best to listen before you buy!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
The one set of ads mentioned are fantastic. Orion amps are good as well. I would not get the JL component or the MB Quart if that is an option. My bad experience with one was when it got hooked up, it sounded so empty, just not full, of sound. My friend and i could clearly tell there was something missing in this "hi end component"... We ended up installing CDT HD62 in the car instead, and found them to be 100 times better.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
i've heard good things about cadence components, i cant offer any opinion about them, just another avenue to look down if you havent quite decided. maybe another person can confirm their quality, spec wise they seem good, but specs only tell so much
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'd be glad to. I own two pairs of CVL-6K components by cadence and i love them. They were a good price and they are of great quality! Coming off of my cadence ZRS-4 amp they sound amazing. I have manual CDT adjustment knobs for the component, and it helps make them sound even more unbelievable. I love it to death and if you are interested, PM me and I can hook you up with a pair. Actually, i can hook you up with US amps, CDT, Cadence, Kove, Soundstream, and a whole bunch of other stuff too. But i really love my cadence comps!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic