01 Tacoma Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
avc8130 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
David,
"However, since the blower is powered through the second ignition, you could hook up your accessory wire from the alarm to the BLACK / YELLOW ignition wire and hook up your ignition wires like normal and that would work fine too." What would be considered normal? I basically just want to be able to get this done easily in one shot. Does your alarm allow for + second ignition? I think mine is - only :-(
I was also going to put a relay in the starter wire to ensure no grinding is possible.
Can you elaborate a little more on the door lock? I was going to just leave that and deal with it later, but you have intrigued me. I have heard you can simply tap the passenger door trigger to have both doors unlock with one unlock sequence. Do you know if they are negative or positive action?
Thanks everyone!
Anthony
Thanks,
Anthony
StickToRhythm 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, my alarm has (+) output for 1st IGN, 2nd IGN, and accessory. I'm not sure how to hook up the relay for your alarm, but by "normal" I meant you should hook up the ignition outputs from your alarm to the ignition wires and ALSO hook up the accessory wire from your alarm to the 2nd ignition wire. You actually might also be okay to just leave the accessory output wire from your alarm disconnected. I'm not 100% sure, but I had to do my install again I would feel okay about doing it that way.
About the door locks... I think your truck has a 3 wire negative door lock system. If your alarm as a (-) door trigger input, you want to hook up a wire here that shows ground when ANY door is opened. You can test that using continuity on your multimeter. I couldn't find that wire in my truck, but I did find a wire for EACH DOOR that showed ground when that particular door was open. So then you want to connect all the wires you need to in order to cover all the doors to the (-) door trigger input on your alarm, but you need to diode isolate them. To find the wires just take off the kick panel near each door and look for a wire close to the door switch. In my truck, that wire was by itself routed in a hole near some spongy/foamy stuff. Test it with your multimeter to make sure you have the right wire (Connect black lead to ground, set DMM to continuity, probe suspect wire--it should have continuity with the door open but not closed). Tap that wire for each door and place a 1 amp diode inline between the door switch and the alarm. Make sure the cathode (the side with the stripe) is facing the switch and the anode is facing the alarm.
Good luck!
StickToRhythm 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.7thgencivic.com/wiring/index.php
That link might have some more good information for you.
avc8130 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
My system has negative output for the ignition, so I will use a relay to change that to + and attach it to the 2nd ignition. My accessory from my system is rated at 30A, as is ignition 1, will this be safe to install to the ignition 2 or should i install it to accessory?
For the doors: the system I am installing isnt an alarm, it is merely keyless and remote start. I just need to open the locks, I am not worried about knowing if the doors are open. What do I need to accomplish this?
To summarize, this is what I know so far:
From system                   To Truck
(-) Ignition w/ relay           BLACK / YELLOW ignition 2
ground                          chassis
(-) anti grind w/ relay        black starter and BLACK/ red ignition 1
(-) hood pin                    hood switch
(+12V) Brake                    GREEN / WHITE brake switch
starter out 30A                 black starter
accessory 30A                   blue/red accessory
battery constant               battery +
ignition 1 30A                  BLACK/ red ignition
+ parking lights 10A            green fuse panel
                                jump clutch safety switch
Door locks: (no clue)
System has:
1. (-) pulse for UNLOCK
2. +12v for using external relays
3. (-) pulse for LOCK
What do I do with these?
You guys are amazing. Thank you so much!
Anthony                     
StickToRhythm 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
Go to that link I gave you, find the (-) power lock and (-) power unlock wires and connect them to the (-) pulse for lock and (-) pulse for unlock, respectively
avc8130 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Excellent, this is seeming to be pretty easy at this point. I did some of the easier install parts tonight. I mounted up the antenna in the center top of my windshield, installed the LED and installed the program button. Tomorrow I will tackle all this wiring and see what happens.
Thanks again!
Anthony
avc8130 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
Does any one know a store that actually sells SPDT Relays? I went to two Radio Shacks and then I went to their catalog and they dont carry 30 Amp SPDT Relays.
Thanks,
Anthony
avc8130 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Also, what amperage relay is needed to convert the (-) ignition 2 ouput of my alarm to (+)? I figure a 1 or 5 amp should do it since it is 22 guage wire, right?
Thanks,
Anthony
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic