the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

94 Camry Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Where can i find the diagram to setup remote start on a 1994 Toyota Camry Coupe using a Viper 790VX alarm and remote start module?
snguyen 
Silver - Posts: 281
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

Toyota

Camry

1994-1996

Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle Color

Start:

BLACK/ WHITE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #1:

BLACK/ ORANGE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #2:

BLACK / YELLOW

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #3:

N/A

Accessory:

PINK/BLUE

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Brake Light:

GREEN / WHITE

(+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Tach Signal:

BLACK

AT DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR *

Parking Lights:

GREEN (+)

AT FUSE/JUNCTION BLOCK ('TAIL'FUSE)

Headlights:

RED / YELLOW

(-) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Diesel Glow Plug:

Clutch Bypass Wire:

Notes:

* Diagnostic Connector Located On Passenger Rear Of Engine Compartment. 6 Cylinder Engine- BLACK Tach Wire Located On Driver Strut Tower.

Toyota

Camry

1994-1996

Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes

Function

Vehicle Color

Constant +12 Volts:

WHITE AND WHITE/ RED

IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

OEM Alarm Disarm:

N/A

Dome Lights/Superv:

RED / WHITE (-)

FUSE/RELAY BLOCK - DRIVER KICK PANEL

OEM Horn:

GREEN/ BLACK

(-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power Lock:

LIGHT GREEN

BLUE # PIN CONN. IN DRIVER'S KICK **

Power Unlock:

DARK GREEN

BLUE # PIN CONN. IN DRIVER'S KICK **

Trunk Release:

BLUE/BLACK (+) # PIN

CONN.DRV KICK (WAGON ONLY)

Alarm Input Wire:

RED / WHITE (-)

FUSE/RELAY BLOCK - DRIVER KICK PANEL

Notes:

** Child Safety Locks- BLUE/RED At Pin #9 In Same Connector As Door Lock Wires Above. See Note #209 - Child Safety Door Lock Diagram.
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i have a question.  On the drivers side kick panel is the RED / white wire that cnotrols the dome light.  Which plug is it on.  I saw 3 different wires on there and when i unplugged each plug they didn't turn off the dome light.

Also how do i hook it up so that my 790vx turns on my dome light when i unlock the doors? how do i hook a relay to it? do i splice it?

Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  

Check out the section on this site that talks about relay's. The diagram below is for Neg door triggers. If you have positive triggers pin 87 gets tied to pin 85 instead of ground.

94 Camry Alarm/Remote Start -- posted image.

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

I'm trying to hook up Remote Start in my 94 Camry and i have a question.  I'm using the 790vx Viper alarm and the proper remote start modules for the install.  I'm confused about placement of a couple wires when it comes to the Remote Start. 

1)  On ignition 1, if i place the wire that detescts voltage for Zone 5 (ignition) protection on this circuit, do i have to place the ignition power wire from the Remote start relay further away from the lock solenoid(more down stream)?

2) If i do have to put it further down stream, do i have to put a diode in line on the Ignition wire to keep power from going backwards up the sensor wire and cycling back in to the alarm or does it matter?

3) Does the ignition sensor wire and remote start ignition output wire have to be further down than the ignition wire i have hooked up to the Failsafe starter kill relay? Like so....

Key switch]-----X---------------------------------------X----------------------------------------X-->Ignition1

StarterKill                                      Sensor                                            Rte Start

Thanx

Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also, i forgot, Do i have to place a diode inline with my starter kill relay ouput so that the current doesn't go backwards when i activate my Remote start and electricity runs from the starter output relay and in to the same wire the starter kill is hooked up to?
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
If i do it like that won't it show as the doors being open and set off Zone 3 in my alarm.  I just want to set it up to turn on my dome light not just trigger the door to think it's open and turn on the dome.
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

1) NO- should not need to as long it's connected.

2)NOPE

3)WHat do you mean about being further downstream, are you referring to the key sense wire?

No diodes needed unless your paranoid. Do you have the install manual for the 790xv? It should be very specific about where you need to place any diodes. The only time you need a diode in starter kill with this alarm is if your using a window module which is also connected to the orange wire as is the starter kill.

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
About the "RED / white" wire you mentioned for the door trigger... Most toyotas have several RED / whit wires in the kick panel. You have to probe them and find out which is the right one. Also, one of those RED / white wires is the trunk trigger. Connect it to the blue wire on your alarm and it will trigger your alarm if anyone opens your trunk.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic