icon

Bypass using DEI 556U options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zishan 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1998 Honda Odyssey. i bought it 5 months ago and the used car dealer only gave me one key. I asked him "Does this key have a chip in it?" He said No.  Well it does, and because so many people in my house use the odyssey I wanted to get rid of this chip thing and just use blank keys.

My first approach was to take a wire connect it to the fuse box, and the other end to the key.  I then positioned the key behind the dash so that it would work.  As sensitive as it was i was able to put it back there and have it work for 4 months.  But then it started acting up on me, and I was far away from home, and I wanted to solve this before I got back on the road so i reach my hand back there and yanked it out the original key, started the car and drove home.
I then ordered the DEI 556U and I have installed it and the problem that i am having is that I can see that its working.  Because the car goes to the "on" positon, looks for the key, finds it, and then the little green 'key' light goes off.  SO SUCESS but, I then attempt to start it and the car turns over and then immediatly turns off. 
I then took the actual key out of the 556U box and tried it with that, 50% of the time it works, 50% it doesnt. Same symptoms,car goes to the "on" positon, looks for the key, finds it, and then the little green 'key' light goes off.  I then attempt to start it and the car turns over and then immediatly turns off.

Observations:

While trying to take the key out from the dash primitavely, i think i may have moved the actual transponder thing, and thats why when i use the oem key, because its so sensitive to distances, it only starts 50% of the time.
Another thing is that I was trying to see if i could hard wire it like without the antenna ring, so i was trying to find the two wires that i should splice, and one was BLACK/ red and the other WHITE/ red with a 2 pin green harness, anyhow the way i had to tug it, the white peice it connects to broke off. I slid the thing back on and taped it up so that should work right now, but ....
any idea's?  I do have a green 4 wire harness coming out of the key transponder, so i am thinking about using the pkh2, what do you guys think?
On the key transponder there are three green harnesses coming into it 
two wires - BLACK/ red and WHITE/ red   (i think this is the antenna part)
four wires - black blue orange WHITE/ black (i think this is what the requirment of the pkh2 is)
6 wires - (i think) blue, and 4 white wires that are striped, i thin the last wire is black.  Really dark cant tell (this is kinda behind it)
wil the pkh2 work for me?

thanks, all replies welcome, I am also thinking about doing a remote start with this, can somone post a wiring chart.

biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2004 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
just did an Oddessey and the pkh2 works fine. Just hook the brown wire(ground when running) to a switch. Then you could use a regular keys for now and add the remote start later

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic