icon

door lock blues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phatcat 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
i have a92 full size blazer. i am trying to tie in power doorlocks to my remote starter and no matter how i wire it up ( dei 451 module) .she keeps blowing fuses. i have the purple wire off the mod. going to +12 volts( orange wire) and have tried numerous wiring schemes. Please help, losing faith. i found which wires are which ,they are as follows lock= lt. blue wire and a gray wire, unlock = black (not white)  wire and also a tan wire. This a  2 door model.any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

the grey and tan wires are the actuator wires and are typically not used unless you are doing progressive unlock....so just move those two to the side.

next what unit are you installing into the truck?

You should just be able to pulse the door lock wires with a 12 volt source and they should lock and unlock fine.  If your unit has positive door lock outputs they should wire right up.

What type of output does the aftermarket keyless have?

If your unit has negative outputs then you will need to wire as follows.

451M Module

Purple wire to constant 12 volt source. as well as the small thin red wire will go to 12 volt constant source.

White with black......Not used and Brown with Black Not Used

Blue and Green Large gauge wires will go to the door lock wires in the car, one for each.

Thin blue and green wires from the 451M will connect to the keyless entries doorlock output wires....one for each...

Try that and let us know.

phatcat 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
the unit is a avital 4100 series remote car starter.i was told to use the 451m mod due to having a 5 wire door lock system. the 451 is already wired to be a plug and play into main mod of 4100 series car starter via the 3 thin wires (red, green and blue) the other wires are green black, blue black, white black, brown black. i tried wiring just the blue and green of the relay to the lt. blue and black of the truck drlk harness and it still blew the 15 amp fuse.lt. blue = lock , black = unlock,  off relay green is lock output, blue is unlock output.. i'm lost !!!!!!!!!
biker8018 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
it sounds like you have the wires reversed.flip-flop the wires going to the door locks. or check out the relay section on this site for 5 wire locks
kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  
You stated that the only other wires, besides the three thin wires that you plugged in, are GREEN/ black, blue/black, WHITE/ black and BROWN / black. What about the purple wire that Mobileworks says needs to be hooked up a to constant 12 volts source. This might just be the missing connection that keeps blowing your fuse. It supplies the green and blue 451m output wires with 12 volts to match your reverse positive doorlock system.
kevindanielk 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  

I have re-read your first paragraph and see you hooked up the purple wire to the orange wire in your ignition harness. That wire is the accessory wire and is not a constant 12 volt supply. When the truck is off, that wire has no juice. Connect the purple wire of the 451m to the red wire in your ignition harness. It should work.

phatcat 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have had the the purple wire connected to the red wire of the ignition and every time i hit the remote the fuse would blow on that purple wire off the 451m. I have flipflopped wires and tried connecting the wires accordingly to the 5 wire diagram from this site.. I wired it as follows lt. blue to wht of relay,gray to green of relay, black to brown of relay, tan to blue of relay , also had the prple wire connected to the red wire off ignition. this worked BUT blew the fuse on the purple wire ( all the way up to 20 amp fuse( max the 451 can handle)).this is my problem it constantly blows fuses on that purple wire as sson as the remote is hit to control the doors.
kevindanielk 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  

You should not be hooking up the GREY or TAN wires on the truck to anything.  The avital install manual should have a section on door locks. Your 2 door truck has TYPE C door locks. You need to cut the light blue and black wire in half and hook them up according to the TYPE C door lock diagram in your avital install manual. Follow the instructions carefully on how to test and hook up the wires because the door switch side and motor side connection of these wires have to be right. Try connecting these wires right at the drivers door switch and it will be easier to follow the install diagram. You will be using all four relay wires on the 451m. The 451m should have came with it's own little diagram showing you which relay numbers are which color wires. Connect it following both diagrams and it should work. It is a complicated door lock setup that will take time to do, but it's possible. Good luck.

mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

to make sure its a reversing polarity setup, cut just one of the door lock wires...either blue or black in the car and test both lock and unlock.

If neither lock or unlock work then yes you have reversing polarity and the correct wires.  Wire up accordingly and you should be good.

I have seen one time that the WHITE/ black and BROWN / black wires were the outputs....not the blue and green ones coming off of the 451m.

I even had someone else double check it.....just kept poppin fuses......You could try that...swapping the input and output wires of the 451M...

???

bigjeep 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
be careful some older gm's have a BLACK/ red wire for the unlock, and take the advice of others here and check the wiring of your relays. if you need help just ask
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic