icon

Car Audio Brands

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
strange that you're a Blau dealer and didnt list them... they make a far better product than Clarion or Audiobahn.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Audiobahn sucks, but here is my list for the new year:
1. Nakamichi (duh)
2. McIntosh
3. Rainbow
4. MMATS
5. US Amps
6. Cadence
7. Adire
8. Resonant Engineering
9. Treo
10. JBL
11. Morel
12. CDT Audio
13. Alumapro
14. Focal
15. JL Audio
16. Digital Designs
17. Elemental Designs
18. Zapco
19. Soundstream
20. Blaupunkt

My list of Brands to stay away from:
1. Audiobahn (Its evil)
2. Pyramid
3. Pyle
4. Kicker (Sorry all you kicker fans, i just am a kicker hater)
5. Clarion (I've had way to many break)
6. Sony Xplod
7. Volfenhag
8. PowerAcoustik
9. Lanzar
10. Dual

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
i didnt see any brax....or tru.. come on guys..the helix??????? alumapro??? crystal??? dls.. NOW for everyone who thinks audiobahn is good.........How long have you been doing this.?????? a year maybe 2?  if you have ever seen a bl graph of an audiobahn sub you would know.. just like lookin at kicker.. ha ... thats right kicker and audiobahn suck... for the money.. if those products were 1/2 the dollar amount that they retail for then they it would be fair.. but still not...."GOOD"..
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
You said you want a reason why audiobahn is bad, then like I said do a search on this site and you will get ample reasons why you should not like them. BTW I live in canada and I have beat the sh*t outta many a audiobahn systems in comps and almost all of those systems never even came close to the top of the standings so to answer your question "Can you use Audiobahn in Competions?" My answer is yes you can, but you arent gonna place, at least not if there is any real competion there.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
I said alumapro, and other than that, i don't agree with the other companys on my list.... Alumapro makes the M16 and Alchemy RX... I've been doing this since i was 15, and that was in 1984. Do the math.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
I said alumapro, and other than that, i don't agree with the other companys on my list
I dont understand this statement. Are you saying that the other companies on your list are not well knowen or recomended, cause that is what it seems like it says. I am sure yo ment something else but it just doesnt make any sense to me.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
lol, i did a big typo. I meant to say "I said alumapro, and other than that, i don't agree with the other company's on your list", I was refferring to Crystal, DLS, and Helix. Sorry about the counfusion!
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Tru is good stuff, at least from what I have seen it is.
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Eclipse all the way for me!!  There are some really good lists on this thread that I would consider. I also like Elemental Designs.
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
I've always lked my Planet Audio equipment, but last time I knew, alot of yall aren't fans of the equipment. All I know is the their demo car with two 12's blew away Alpine's type r car with 3 12's. Uthink, u can add Boss to that bottom list. Atleast the Riot series, the IQ series is actually good stuff.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic