icon

Bypass Bose Amp and Keep bose Woofer?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
You are on the right track there, you will probably have to keep the gains super low on you kicker amp, so yeah,you might want to just wire the amp in stereo, i dont think there is a need to run it in mono.
Jazzy
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

If you have some extra cash to pour into this system you can buy a good 8" (double check the size of the woofer first) woofer and replace the stock one in the center cosole, and run midbass out of it.  Leave the super lows for your woofers in the back, but let that one play bass between the big woofers and the door speakers.  It'll sound nice!

-Drew

acclu97 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

Jazzy.... 

Everything you said was exactly right....   I took the two positives coming from the woofer and put them into the positive from one channel, and I took the two negatives from the woofer and put them into the negative input of the other channel.  I turned up the gain a tiny, tiny bit and wala the speaker sounded great....  In fact, I was actually surprised at what I was getting out of that woofer just by switching it to a bigger amp....   I had the small kicker amp running my highs but I am going to leave it for that one woofer and get me another amp for the highs....  Any suggestions (mb quart ref 6.5 in front and 6.5 Discuss in back)????

Again, Thanks for the help Jazzy!  I like how having this woofer up front gives the car a more filling/complete sound...

Drew...  What do you mean about running my mid base from there, how would I go about doing it and can I just use the stock bose...  I am honestly surprised by it...  

Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  

well, that bose speaker may actually work well, I haven't heard it, so I didn't know.

You'll need another crossover (or an amp with one built in, or wire in capacators and coils to the woofer), and basically just play stuff in the say 70-250 Hz area or so.  Just in the area where your big subs don't play well, and below the range that your door speakers can play.  Since you have MB Quart refrence's up front, it may not do you much good.  The main idea is to just take the bass that is too low for a 6.5" speaker to reproduce well, and too high for a 12" or 15" sub to reproduce well.  You will basically have to play with it for a while to get it to sound like you like it.  Good luck if you try to do it.

-Drew

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic