the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

newb question about sound with trunk open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

How there is any distortion at all with the equipment you're working with is beyond me!  The impedance load on each amp is an easy 2 ohms, the woofers are 400 WRMS, the amp outputs 500 watts into 2 ohms.....   is this your amp?  I wish I had this stuff to play with.  All the tools are within fingertip reach for designing and building  enclosures for  these subs.  The manual shows you a slotted box.  Why don't you build it and give it a go?  That size looks like it builds in a helluva bass boost at around 50 Hz, though.  Maybe that's what would work best for bassheads, but I think I'd give each sub 1.5 net cubic feet with the same slot port dimensions for a smooth response.  And install a pair of 30 Hz  f-mods to prevent below-tuning-frequency distortion.

If you want to learn how to design your own, get familiar with Win ISD Pro.  It's free and easy to work with once you get the hang of it.  That's what I was looking at.

A tip, too, on picking up more info:  use the forum 'search' button to learn more about specific topics and read opinions already posted.  (BTW, you can respond without a full quote each time...  :)

bigwise1 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, that's my amp.  I have been searching but I was looking at opinions regarding my situation and equipment.  I looked at Win ISD and it's like trying to read a foriegn language.  I'm thinking about going with 2 12w6v2's in a sealed enclosure with the same amps.  A friend is telling me to go with these: http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=374&1=377&3=3073
bigwise1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

I forgot to add another option I'm thinking about.  I also have a pair of 10w3v2's.  I was thinking about getting another a pair and running each pair off  a  zapco 500/1.  Hmm, I wonder how much space 4 10's would take up:)  What should I do?  It would be cheaper to go this route.

overworked 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I cannot recommemd using mixed subs.....cause flat spots and peaks and various other things
bigwise1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

overworked wrote:
I cannot recommemd using mixed subs.....cause flat spots and peaks and various other things

no i'm not mixing subs. either 4 10w3v2's (each pair powered by zapco 500/1) or 2 12w6v2's (each powered by zapco 500/1)

petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

lot's of good tech...input..one of them made my eye's go crossed  (lol)=0 . big wise...nice bass set up! sound's good in the car right? sound's bad with the trunk open. all of you can picture this( accept archmed..) take the windsheild out=( standing in front of the car now you're system sound's better than it dose inside.. why? think about what you just did accusticly. you gave it gain..by uttilizing the envirment it's in (a speaker in a tunnel or a speaker in a feild. in this application were are dealing with, all of us struggle to find the best of both world's. if you want you're sub's to sound good out side, give them reflection befor they enter the world other wise,they will go every where without control...

nice to get this out!

goood talking guy's    thad

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic