icon

2005 GMC Seirra , 791xv?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zzimerclan 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

Hi I had a 791 xv installed by an authorized dealer! and I already took it back once because the doors would unlock on remote start! but I have a couple of questions if somone has the time!  first The vehicle is a 2005 GMC Seirra and they used the 555L and the 456g  and I think these were appropriate?

first question is  the domelight button if put in the "off when doors open" position  completly disables the viper door alarm it won't recognize an open door if the domelight does not come on!  normal?

2 nd question I cant silent the factory arm horn honk?even though originally I would have had to hit the factory remote arm button twice for the honk

3rd if the factory and viper alarm are triggerd  the Viper will silent with one remote input but the factory alarm won't silent untill the doors are actually unlocked? Thanks for any advice  Scott

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
1. Yes, its normal if they connected to the domelight wire. The door triggers for the front two doors are actually in the door. You have to run a wire into each. The rear doors have the wires inside at the BCM and are easy to hook up. Probably an extra charge for this.
2. Do you have the steering wheel controls where you can change factory setting? If so, turn off the horn honk for Driver 1.
3. The Viper will only shut off in the first 4 seconds of being triggered with one push of the unlock button. Setting the 791XV to double pulse unlock would probably disarm the factory system with one push....provided it is done within the first 4 seconds of being triggered,
zzimerclan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks! No I don't have the steering wheel controls! I really expected more from this install! I usually do my own as I just put a AL100c  factory alarm compatable alarm in my wifes tahoe 2003 without the fancy 456g and I had the same results as this pro install but I did this one legit  it for the warranty!

I really hate the horn honk in the middle of the night!! Thanks again  Scott 

zzimerclan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

I actually called DEI ! after 30 minute wait they told me to contact my installer!! I said my installer is confused and may be the problem?? They took my phone number and never called me back!! Customer service is non existent!! 

PS  come to find out  my installer is also known as (home of the 1 dollar wire fire!! )    because they install for a dollar and I'm sure it's only worth that!  Scott

Uniqueauto 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

How did you do the doorlocks on the 2003 Tahoe without a doorlock interface?On the 2003 Tahoe the doorlocks are mutilplex and require an interface. The only other way is to run the lock/unlock wires to the switch in the rear.---------->Interesting

zzimerclan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
I had a manual that referenced the location in the door but that was a while ago and I cant recall where?? My Tahoe did not have the convenient rear hatch lock switch!  but the crime stopper unit I was installing retained the factory remotes and added a siren along with the capability to sense motion and glass break! it really enhances the factory alarm and it's only 100 at crutchfeild  SZ
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

sounds like it was installed normally unfortunately.... you do have to either program off the open door sensor or else wait for the domelight to shut off before arming the unit....the 456G holds it back for a certain amount of time, but i find often the alarm arms before the domelights shut off....

if you do not have steering wheel controls, how did you expect the installer to disable remote response to eliminate the horn honk? this is a GM feature that is programmed on/off thru either the DIC ( Drivers Information Centre ) steering wheel controls  or via a Tech II scan tool.....

and the Viper has the ability to reset the alarm without unlocking or disarming via a single press of the disarm button during an event ( the alarm going off )  but the GM system does not have this capability.....

i think you would have encountered these same situations would you have installed the unit yourself...... we are lucky in that we have a GM Tech II scan tool here, but i'm sure no other install shop in this province/state has one on location... so anyone having the same unit installed in the same vehicle around here would have encountered similar problems/issues... i put a similar system ( Clifford 3.5 ) in my Envoy and programmed off the factory alarm, why have two units competing/battling each other to do the same job? that would solve your problem #3... go to a dealer and have them program off parking lamp and horn response from remotes... this will solve problem #2... and as mentioned above decide how you wish to address problem #1...... wait or program or have them try a new 456G (possibly it's not holding back the door trigger long enough)....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Jeez Kevin.... I want to work in your shop. You guys must do a whackload of GM product to warrant owning a Tech2. I have a generic scan tool to elimiate the odd CEL that I might accidentally set, and because I drive a 2004 VW, I have the VAG-Com on my laptop. You guys wouldn't happen to have a DRB3 as well, would you? (Dodge scanner..... makes learning keys on new Durangos and Pacificas a lot easier).
Anyways.... pretty sure there is no way around using domelight sense on the newer GM's aside from actually pulling into the door. Could also try turning off the open zone notification on the Viper unit.... keeps it from chirping, and will eventually fully arm once the domelight goes out.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
zzimerclan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry! I just wanted the horn to be silent as it was in the factory unit! unless you hit the factory arm button twice then it would honk?? now  it honks on the first arm of the remote using the viper?? Scott
zzimerclan 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry ! I read your response a couple of more times and sounds like a viable solution! thanks! however on the competing end of it I do like the GM starter kill and VATS system!  Thanks for your input  Scott Z
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic