icon

Clifford Matrix 3.5 Memory Seats Help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
NYDesi80 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

I am getting the Clifford 3.5 installed shortly as I landed a great deal on one and I would like to know if it is possible to keep the Memory Seats/mirrors on my 2003 Acura TL??  The installer says it can be done with a Bitwriter which he doesn't have yet as its a new shop.  I would like to know if this is true and also if so can I take it somewhere else to get it done?  What would be  a fair price to pay for this to be added on?

Also, I wanted the Defrost to get activated when I remote start the car.  Is this possible?  I am no expert, just a customer trying to get some honest advice which I see this board has plenty of.  Thank You in advance.

sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
why does he need a bitwriter for it? sounds lazy to me. the wiring for the 2003 TL says nothing for memory seats, but on the 2004 it lists mem seat 1 and 2 as blue / YELLOW, RED / yellow at the module in the drivers door. i believe you need to send a (-) pulse to it from and extra channel, like ch4. the defogger is possilbe on most cars but it depends on the activation input the wire requires. the installer will have to test the wires at the switch to see what is needed, but thats a good option to add to ch 5.
MECP certified installer
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
The defroster wire is at the switch harness and its BROWN / yellow  NEG(-) trigger. Test that with your meter and see if requires a pulse or latched pulse trigger......GOOD LUCK

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic