icon

Resonant Engineering Subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Get the RE XXX, you won't be dissapointed.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

i thought about the XXX, it specs out at 2000 watts rms. i don't think that X100S has enough guts to move that kind of monster sub.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
build the right enclosure, and you'll need significantly less power to push it to full excursion.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
but wouldn't i be better off running the SX? i could push it to almost it's full potential with the amp i plan to run. i want good clean solid bass, and if i build a box that will allow the XXX to max out at 1/2 it's rated power, don't you think things would get kinda sloppy outside of it's tunned frequency? i could get a different amp, but i wanted to run that kicker because it's got quite a bit of power, and it's also class a/b, which makes it's sq undeniable. i can definatly tell the difference between it and a class d amp that may be even a little bigger. is the SX junk? or is it just that the XXX is that much more sub?
phuzun 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
I dont ever remember seeing a sub that needed as much power as its rated for.  Besides, it wont burn out or anything with less power.  Longer it lasts the better.
nudnjuschillin 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
where can i get one of these subs??????
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

What are you looking for out of the sub?  The XXX uses our XBL^2 motor topology, so it will play with less distortion at a given output level than their other subs including the SX.  This means it will be the superior SQ sub.  Now I'm not too familiar with their other products, and don't know what the Xmax is on the SX.  But I'm pretty sure it is higher on the XXX.  This means it has the potential to be louder. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
ha...what a coiencidence...we're were considering adire too. i've also heard nothing but good about them. we'll if i go with the XXX and 800 watts i'll be happy? i'll take your word for it. tell me a little about your stuff though. im curious.
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
hummm the xxx.. like adire's other products ("mother company").... the xxx has Xbl^2 technology... basically a flatter bl curve...= enhanced sq factor here.. this sub "just plain sounds good". as far as the statement "you can hurt a speaker by under powering it..?  YES you can damage a speaker , just as easy as over powering it except with under power you cant get all the kool stuff like blowing the cones off. I did an re xxx truck here in california that used 8 rexxx 12's and 1250 a piece.. to say that i "underpowered" them would be false.. id say 13-1500 rms is ideal 8 is a little on the low side but you sould be ok.. now since this sub is Xbl^2  you will NOT hear it "blowing" it's self up.. so do not try to over drive it.. do not send it a signal that you pump the crap out of... do not build some crappy box... and you will love it..
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
windowrattler 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

We recently picked up RE and we have been extremely happy with them.  Lately all we have sold is RE.  We can make a good margin and still feel good about the price we sell them to the customer.  I'd recommend the line to any store owner except ones that are near me.

Jason

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic