icon

Good enough sound system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Fosgate Punch Z = Good and cheap. MA and Audiobahn are terrible lol, so i suggest you go with Fosgate.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio wrote:
Fosgate Punch Z = Good and cheap. MA and Audiobahn are terrible lol, so i suggest you go with Fosgate.

I agree. If you can get them at a good price, RF are also a very good choice.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

they suck but man for the price u cant go wrong...jugador

You just don't get how you're being hyped by audiobahn.  That's just the problem....the price for the quality.  It's low-quality, overpriced and driven to a market of new buyers who buy into the hype.  Back in the day it was the same kinda people who chose their boom boxes by how many flashing lights, number of exposed speakers, whistles and bells.....Trust me, chrome isn't a precious metal.

I'll take BLOOD RED any day  LoL

yo, and I'll clue ya in on something:  most of the people who respond on these 'borads' (this one, anyway) take time out of their lives to help others get some value for their buck and save them from costly mistakes.  You can spend your money wisely or spend it like a fool, it's up to you.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

Just use my friend called "ebay" for those fosgates. Search your $200 wallet, you know Punch Z to be your destiny.

"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

JL W0 subs...should be on sale right now because of the new W1v2s coming out. They are pretty decent and im sure you can find them cheap on ebay or somewhere eles online. Get some 15s and put them in a nice and big ported box built to spec. They only need 125 watts a piece so you don't need that big of an amp either.

This would be a pretty good system that would get you decent SPL (your probobly not going to win any competitions but you will be heard).

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP115S82PAK Rockford 15" P1 subs (8 ohm versions)

http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLAPCA2100 Blaupunkt 2 channel amp (300 watts continuous when bridged).

That's $260 right there. Build your own box and buy a cheap wiring kit from walmart and you'll be boomin'.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Well, if you want a real steal, just get 2 Adire Shivas for about $250. They are crazy subs and they will pound JL W0's out of the house... Save up the extra dinero my friend. (or of course go with Punch Z's)
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
save up the money and do it right the first time. i started off with a cheap system and worked my way up with 3 full upgrades. in the end i just said f**k it, i was spending twice the amount of money over time then if i saved it and spent it all at once on the system i really wanted. i ate pasta and drank water for a couple of monthes and put together a sq system which in my opinion is extremely good and pretty loud to show up kids who say it sucks because i dont crank it up. save up a grand or 2 and you can have an amazing system. people on here will help you get the best bang for your buck. sorry for the non technical rambling, but i hate watching people waste their money upgrading their systems and never being satisfied with what they have
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

jugador wrote:
Man when you post dont listen to most of the people on the board everyone thinks their some pro installer. 

Your New on here so I am gonna take it easy on you. I am gonna clue you in on a little secret. Come on, get closer, closer, closer, just a little bit closer ............................................ ok the secret is ALOT OF US ARE PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS! Listen I am not ever gonna sit here and dog someone because they have a low budget because like most people I started out the exact same way. When I was younger I owned junk like american legacy and pyramid. Supersound subs and lear jet speakers. Its just the way it works. But for future reference dont ever tell someone to outright IGNORE the suggestions of others unless you have a damn good reason to back it up. I think the suggestions of saving up for a few more months and buying better equipment is definatly a sound piece of advice. Even a hundred dollars more to this cats budget can greatly improve what he can end up with. If he comes back on here and says, "No I wanna get my stuff right away and I am only gonna have 200 bucks" then we will do our best to get him exact links to the gear that suits him and we can go from there. But until he comes back on here and says something to that effect, I think all these options should be left open.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jugador 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
Man like i said Mcss1320, people on this board dont understand the concept that peopl are broke. The man said he had a two hundred $200 budget. DUHHHHHHHHHHHH  and look at the amp his working with, u guys are sugestings subs that wont even work with his amp. I guess u guys on the board dont see that when some one states a question such as he ask? u dont listen to the most important fact. His on a budget $200.   Mcss1320  go with what u got just change the audiobahn subs. u can catch Ma Audio cheap $50- $90 well in ur $200 dollar budget. Yea im new to the board Mcss1320, but i would like to apologize to u on behalf of the board for them not listening to your question. Peace Suckers
It Can always be Done, The question is do you have the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn, just kick this guy off of this server. This guy is a complete retard and is not respecting our advice. Jugador "player"... Well, this is how this game is played. He asks for advice, he gets advice. We don't need people like you coming in here and insulting us. Not all people are broke, some of them just don't have the determination to save up for a decent system. Ravendarat has it right, with even a couple hundred extra we could make this system good. His current budget is $200, not his final budget jackass. I only got $300 in my pocket right now, but i'll save the extra 2 months so i can afford (3) 12'' Nak SPW1200D DVC 6 ohm woofers and then i'll be blastin! Its called saving up and penny pinching. Mcss1320, seriously reconsider your budget and what you want out of your system. Different amp, different subs. Peace sucker Good enough sound system? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic