icon

kicker and circuit city!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
kicker gives its dealers set prices to sell their product at so thats not going to factor in. its the same here as it is a Curplus City. what bothers me is knowing that in three years the stuff is gonna be garbage. have you senn the new subs? it's all cosmetic. pretty soon, just like rockford and ABC before, it's all going to go down hill. quanity over quality.
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
man i love the point about uninformed consumers. as a matter of fact i was at circuit city the other day, buying a movie, and i decided just to look at the car audio stuff. i over heard one salesman talking to a lady and he had no clue what he was talking about. with just the 5 minutes i heard the two talking i could have helped her more than he helped her. it was clear that she was confused and as soon as the salesman left i told her my opinion, she actually said i helped her more than he did. i know this is a little off topic but i thought i would add it in there. so many good points are made here, especially the install ones. i just installed my first sub/amp set up about a month ago. and even i knew that the guys at CC did a shatty job on my first car.
soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=supradude]lots of people go to BB and CC because they ASSUME they are cheaper. ] you are so right. i see people coming to my shop all the time that thought they got a good deal down at ABC, and then the guy that got his stuff here, for less $$, pulls up next to him and helps him realize. we actually did a system here once for less that $600, installed, including a custom box, that would have been at least 5 db louder on a meter than the $1100's worth of equipment from  ABC. it was laughable, but i did actuall feel sorry for the second guy. if he only knew how much the advice of a knowalagble professional was worth.
soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
knowlageable?  whatever.
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

bluetruck wrote:
skold.... what did you just say? low prices? have you priced MTX amps @ CC lately? they are like 3x what they should cost. they have nothing going  in the low price department.

I just called my local CC and the amp Hightek said "MTX MXA6001" for $359.00 is only $237.00, thats cheaper than I can find on the net right now, and my supplier who is a middleman for a large South Florida Retailer gets it to me for $175.00 , but its still a mass retail outlet but I digress..

Volume was the point I was trying to make ,  if you buy 1000 Kicker KX600.1's your going to pull them in for just around $150-170 range or cheaper depending on the deal you make, then most retailers are not going to sell it at the MSRP of $580.00, there going put them up for about 220-260 range

soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

it's gonna get real hard to be a kicker dealer. ebay was already enough competition for my shop and now this. we're looking at buying into Resonant Engineering in the spring to stay competitive, and not have to build our car audio reputation around a company that is quickly taking a dive. we're actually lucky that we've only been in town for a short time, so we still have room to justify backing out of the kicker line up

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well, you guys would sh*t kittens if you lived up here. That MTX 6001 runs 599.99 up here, which is still 100 bucks less than what a rockford 6001 goes for. Remeber thats Canadian funds but still. I will agree that when companies go to big retail stores the quality of the product generally goes down hill, but the companies still make alot more money and lets not forget that thats why these manufactures are in buisness. Its not because they have some great intentions of making the absolute best thing on the market, if they do then thats great, but in the end its all about the botom line. The companies that go to the big chain stores do take a risk though. If someone like rockford, who only makes car audio products, or at least for the most part, ever lost all of their big box retailers they would go bankrupt over night. They would be left with a huge reserve of stock and manufacturing facilites that would be far to expensive to run because their incoming revenue would be cut down considerably. It seems almost impossible that a company the size of Rockford or Kicker could ever go outta buisness but when these companies go big its all good, but if they ever crash then they crash hard and very fast. This is the same reason that companies are scared to deal with Wal-Mart. The other thing is that when companies go big then their prices basically get dictated by their bigest clients, and this puts them outta favour with their independants, which once again will end up damaging their reputation, and put them behind the eight ball if their big box deals fall out.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
the question should be will Kicker be able to meet the demands around X-mas time? also I hear Clarion will be coming into Circuit City, again.
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
i heard alpine was going to best buy. anyone else heard this?
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
I heard that alpine was going to Best Buy to. Does anyone know what kind of credentials/experience someone would need to install at CC? Once I turn 18 im getting a job there doing sales, but a guy I talked to there said i would need to be MECP certified, or have a lot of experience before I could do installs. But I have heard from people that many CC installers have little to no experience. I dunno, maybe the store near me is a good one.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic