icon

kicker and circuit city!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
i'm pretty sure you have to be MECP certified, but from what i've heard from people who are MECP certified, the test you take is easy. so basically you can have no experience, pass the test and become certified. i'm lookin into getting a job in sales as well.
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
you have to be certified if you are to be the head installer...otherwise they will hire anyone off the street and give them trainging on the job.
foltzy 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
BB is getting alpine in Feb, hence why we picked up Kicker. as for getting a job, they hire pretty much anyone...as for a lead position, neither our lead installer or sales guy is MECP cert (its just the guys who have been there the longest. for god's sake, we had a part timer who was a Sr. Sales Associate..what a joke.
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
i'm an S&I manager at CC.  basically I don't care about experience when hiring a new guy.  I look for drive and excitement in general for the industry.  General mechanical abilities are required, but the rest i can teach.  I also look for quick thinkers, people I won't have to explain something to 500 times.  CC doesn't care about MECP anymore, they used to offer an instant pay hike once certified(when i started as an installer I got certified), but now they replaced that with an hourly bonus program based on overall productiveness.  My guys average about 2.5-3.50 an hour extra after the bonus, because were a pretty busy location.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
By the sounds of it dude, CC needs guys like me to keep their dept. and reputation on track. A store is only as good as the people who work it. Hire an idiot trained by an idiot and you have a store full of idiots. No offence intended and not directed at you.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
On the topic of Kicker..I was skeptical upon the realease of the 05' products, HOWEVER..the CVR's seem to have improved from last years model, which happened to be a good design as well. From speaking to an SPL guy daily who just starting using CVR's..They are durable, get loud and sound good as well. I'm gunna stand by Kicker for now. We'll see what the future holds for them.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have just heard the new '05 12" CVR. I have never really been a fan of kicker. But I must say these that I heard sounded quite nice and got pretty darn loud.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Yep..the new CVR's will be a sleeper this year..1 12" CVR and approx. 900wrms=144.7 on the new TL. in a 99 Monte Carlo. My next setup should eventually be 3 15" CVR's in my Jeep run off approx. 700wrms.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Jman1980 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

Well guys I just got back from our roadshop rally for Circuit City and all I have to say is wow. I was able to look at our Kicker line and it is fantastic.  In case you guys didn't know we will also have the full MTX Thunder line back on our shelves.  Kicker put on a great show along with MTX It was great talking to both teams and I'm proud to say I have them on my team.  As far as working for CC it has been a great experience and I"m even more excited going forward.  If you are looking for employment put in an app. online it can't hurt we do hire even beginners but be ready for hard work B/C we have one of the most extensive training programs In fact our final test is quite a bit  harder than a basic MECP test.  < That is not my opinion I just hired a kid who went through school in Oklahoma and passed with flying colors, but scored 60% on our test.  I have worked for a couple of places and within 3 years at Circuit I worked my way from sales to install to assistant to mgr. Don't be fooled though it took a lot of hard work as anyone who is who in the industry can tell you, but if you put in your time and build your compitancies you can definatelly go far.  After all the Roadshop for  CC is still on top of the game turning out more installs daily than anyone else. You just cant argue with that kind of experience.   

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

So, I aint american so I am on the outside looking in here, but I am assuming that the Roadshop is the CC install Bay but under a fancy title?. If that is correct then are you saying you are on top of the Game because you do more installs daily than anyone else? I have a couple questions for you, just to clear things up a little. First, where are you getting the info that you guys do more installs per day than anyone else. I am just kinda interested if this is based on yuor local buisness or if this is based off of facts and stats on a national level or what. And second, last I checked CC wasnt exactly a super profitable chain. Is it big, absolutly, but since you are publicly traded all of you financial figures are released and you guys didnt exactly make hand over fist last year. Dont take this the wrong way cause I am not trying to bust your balls here or anything, I just wanted to know if what you said was based on fact or just and overwhelming sense of pride in your company.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic