icon

kicker and circuit city!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
subtleaproach70 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I work at CC as well. I knew we were getting Kicker and possibly Eclipse, but not too sure on that one. Also, say bye-bye to Code Alarm and hello again to DEI. Not just alarms and remote starters either.
Wildkind Concepts
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
when are the stores going to actually start carring it all?
subtleaproach70 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
As far as I know, we will start in the spring some time.
Wildkind Concepts
Jman1980 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
In April
Jman1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

And to reply to the previous statement ... year end numbers we did more installs than anyother retail chain.   Even though our stores didn't improve much the Roadshops gained a good portion of maket share FY04 and this was with a product line that was far from what You'll see starting to arrive in April. In reply to Subtleapproach we will definatelly have MTX thunder including the sledgehammer enclosures.  As far as head units it is still up for grabs we will be bringing in some unique Audiobahn units which will arrive shortly, but as far Clarion or Eclipse the deals are still on the table getting sorted out. 

bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
i am disturbed by your comment of being proud of putting out more intalls in a day than anyone else jman. im sick of having to fix bb and cc's crappy installs. as an installer, you should understand that the time it takes to do install doesnt matter, but the quality of it does. god i hope you guys dont get eclipse. you guys can keep audiobahn and mtx. and oh well with kicker, the U.S. is becoming a pure capitalist country that disregards quality, as long as companies like adire keep popping up we will be ok. a lot of opinions compacted into a few sentence but you guys get the point
Pioneer PEH-9660mp
Mb Quart PCE-216 biamped
JL 12W6v2
Sony XM-4026 amp for tweeters
Kenwood KAC-7251 amp for mids
JL-4100 amp for sub
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
OK, fair enough, I just wanted to know because the only info I could find about that is in the well thought out, corprate rant on the CC website. It actually looks very much like Best Buy's. I now feel the need to point out that quantity doesnt nessasarily translate into quality. While the work that your particular shop does might be very good, that doesnt nessasarily hold up for the chain. When I read your previous post on page 3 it just seemed like a litle bit to much self promotion for my tastes, which is also why I asked where you got the numbers from. And if you want an exact number for the first 3 quarters of last year CC was trending down 2.7%, which isnt nessasarily a big deal, just most chains are only ever happy with forward momentum and get kinda pissy when they sit still. I havent seen the 4 quarter or year end numbers yet. I'm glad buisness is good in your end of the world though.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Jman1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Cars don't have problems from quick installs.  Now what does cause problems are the newbies who are messing around with car electronics that haven't been properly trained.  Now if you have been around the block bullman you would know that quick installers are generally good installers because of the knowledge base they have and the ability to apply it to different cars.  Even while working at a custom shop I took pride in being able to get installs done quickly that never came back with issues .  I apply that with all of the associates I manage today.  It has more to deal with work ethic and pride than anything else I also apply this ethic to my installers and make sure they also are able to make this happen.  And no I dont cut quality in any way and find myself fixing more of our local competitors screw ups which include a major retailer and 2 ma and pa shops.  And to put it all forward into this I'm proud of putting out more installs each day solely because I have a ton of repeat customers and a lot of word of mouth that keeps atleast my shop busy with cars open to close.  And no I'm not dogging any other chain or store out there because I have seen many other shops that ran a truly good business and I know what kind of work it takes to do this and likewise I have seen CC shops that are poorly ran.  And being from Canada you should remember who is going to intercept that missile before it makes it to you and I can gaurantee it is not France.  Sorry about the length guys. 
Jman1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry I was looking at the the wrong member name with the last comment please disregard. 
bullman96 
Silver - Posts: 294
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
a truly good installer should be a perfectionist. if you are at all worried about speed, then you are taking some focus from the quality of your intall. i used to install invisible fences. i personally only worried about quality and would get a perfect install done in a standard time. the guy who trained me who was capable of doing insanely well done installs(which he did while i was in training) was more concerned with speed after my training. i had to go back and fix some of his work and honestly, the couple of guys who cared more about how everything looked and functioned, and did not worry about how long it took them, put out the best installs. im not saying that you are conciously putting out crappy work, but when you are trying to beat the clock, almost everyone takes shortcuts even when they do not know it
Pioneer PEH-9660mp
Mb Quart PCE-216 biamped
JL 12W6v2
Sony XM-4026 amp for tweeters
Kenwood KAC-7251 amp for mids
JL-4100 amp for sub
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic