icon

kicker and circuit city!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
OK, well I was really on board with you until you made that weak ass missile comment. I got news for you, you'll probally blow the damn thing up over top of us anyways so we just get the goodness of the Radiation but dont get the pretty light show of the mushroom cloud. OK now onto buisness, first off bullman out of everything I have delt with I enjoy dealing MTX products the most because they are firstly the most reliable stuff I have ever delt, and that includes all the favs like RF, Kicker and Alpine. Secondly, ever product of theirs I have used has lived up to the hype. Now onto the whole issue of speed. You are both right. A very good installer is also quick, thats part of being very good. Really sh*tty installers can also be very fast but its because they cut corners so really both ends of the spectrum are covered. As to the new lines that CC is getting, Im glad you are getting decent product but its only good if you have qualified salesman to sell it and most Large retail stores simply dont have the Tallent to do it. Plain and simple fact is that alot of salesman at big box stores are there for a job not a carrer. Its sad  but generally the truth. The line about cars dont have problems from quick installs is bogus as well. Cars are suposed to take a certain amount of time and if your doing cars in under half of the time it takes a good installer to do it then there is a good chance that there are going to be future issies with the car due to corners being cut. Also the number of cars through a bay dont determine the success, the revenue the bay makes does, at least from a buisness stand point. Its all about the bottom line. I dare say a car in southern california is going to pump far more cars through their bay in november than a shop in Calgary will because that calgary shop is going to be doing car starters for basiclly the whole damn month where as the Shop in Cali is going to be far more stereo driven. Stereos take less time than decks and alarms do but the revenue generated from car starters will generally exceed that of the decks. Unless of course you are just putting decks in Neons, Sunfires and fords all day kicker and circuit city! - Page 5 -- posted image.. I think I took up enough space for now, so Ill end this now and wait for the replies
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
And in case you are asking if I have been around the Block I got 5 years experience so Im not exactly new at this
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Jman1980 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
That's cool you have been doing this a while and like I sad I'm sorry about the last comment I only intended that because I thought you were the previous post.  And yes I live in Illinois and have  been through the long hard remote start days sitting in the snow melting off the cars with the best of them in fact this last december my chief installer broke his hand leaving me to pick up the 3 or 4 he was doing every day.  Bye the way do you have the new mtx amps in yet?
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunatly no, I wanna see them but they kinda concern me as well being they have went the route of the color changing lights and what not. I am hoping they havent sacrificed quality for something so lame. The last series of amps we had were the most dependable thing I have ever sold. I had one all year come back and it was one we didnt install and am honestly thinking it was an install related issue. I dont think I am gonna have the new stuff for at least another month.
Jman1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
I got to see them and got the whole rundown, but have not played with them yet.  First of all they do have the new lighting but most internals are the same.  The only thing they really changed is firstly they moved all connections on one side to make them easier to install and secondly they have a new xtant cooling system that keeps them cooler than what they allready were which should make them last even longer.  Well that and the fact that they have a new 3000 watt monster that is strappable and is one ohm stable.  Btw I got to touch the jackhammer and it is really a peice of work 320 pounds of art and muscle. 
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Ya that Jackhammer is about the most ludicrious thing I have seen in quite a while. Its not gonna sell, at least not in my store, but I guess they said that it was geared towards the High end customers like athletes and musicians and what not. Im glad they added the xtant cooling system, thats gonna make it nicer to install, less worries for circulation. So does your shop do any custom work or are you all deck and 2 pair or deck amp and alarm or whatever.
Jman1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

Yes actually coming from a custom background I give the customers what they want.  We build some slot ported enclosures and have done plexy work along with fiberglass kickpanels enclosures and center console.  If they are willing to pay I'm willing to make.  Of course we do a lot of radios speakers and ampsubs,  but we also do a ton of security with most of it being 2 way remote start alarms. 

Jman1980 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
And it is selling to that crowd Loyd was telling us they had quite a few celebs trying to fit it in the trunk allready. 
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic