icon

What sub 10?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yositoco 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

This is my first post. I just bought a 2002 f150 regular cab and want to install 2 10". The amp i'm planing to use is an old soundstream reference 500. Its rated at 500x1 at 1 ohm. Ive been doing some research in this forum but havent yet decided on what is the best option for me.  Thinking of getting some solo baric L5. What do you guys suggest?

Also looking for a 4 ch amp. I wanted to go with a soundsream so that the amps look the same but i think the new soundstream amps are lame. I currently have a lil wonder 4 and im living it in my old car to sell. Any sugestion on what amp i could get?

Open for good sugestion.

promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
do a single 10" ported.. look into resonant engineering's sx line. please just trust me.. if you put 2 kicker L5's sealed.. it wont even compare to a single re 10 ported..
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
jjclark15 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
I would buy a 10 JL W7 in a ported box, and 4 a good sound quality amp and you want to stay with Soundstream I would recommend the Van Gogh Series 4 ch soundstreams higher end stuff makes some pretty damn good amps. Or if you want a better amp buy the JL 400/4 JL makes a really good built in crossover
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
How much room do you have to work with I don't know if you have room for a ported sub, how much money do you have for your sub and amp, this will help out alot.
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
w7 wont fit .. a reg. cab ford.. sub up to 7 1/2 inches deep only. and there is plenty of room for ported..and a j/L amp for highs?? well sorry I would do an audison srx4
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
yositoco 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  

The w7 wont fit due to the mountig depht. My budget for both subs is around $300.

Im planing on getting the 4ch amp in a couple of months and the budget for that would be 200- 300.

What do you guys think of the alpine CDA-9833. The reason im thinking of his hu is because of the ipod conector. I listen to my ipod all day and want to be able to control it throught the radio.

Thanks guys 

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
When looking for advice on subs you should include:
1) Your sound goal .. SPL? SQ? Do you listen at moderate levels? Plan to compete? What kind of music do you listen to? What type of sound have you liked listening to? Boomy? Tight? Clean? Deep? Just loud?
2) Your volume(size of the box) requirement / goal.
3) Your budget.
4) Amp you plan to use. (good job on this one).
Same goes for the 4-channel amp. Tell us what your goals are, what it'll be driving, and what your price limit is. Having us tell you "my favorite sub is model x from brand y" really doesn't help you at all. Zip, zero, zilch.
Is there any reason you want 2 subs rather than 1?
Anyway, do this and we'll actually be able to help you find the right system for YOU rather than telling you what WE would prefer.
If you're really interested in doing some research on your own and making an informed buying decision, load up an enclosure design program like WinISD pro. Learn how to use it to plan your bass system to match your goals.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Just got the first of the new JL W1-V2. Sound great and are extremely shallow. Great for behind truck seats and in your budget.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

check the new Arc, Kar series or a good old Image Dynamics

yositoco 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

1) Your sound goal .. SPL? SQ? Do you listen at moderate levels? Plan to compete? What kind of music do you listen to? What type of sound have you liked listening to? Boomy? Tight? Clean? Deep? Just loud?

I normally listen music at a moderate level. I will never take my truck to a competition. I listen to all type of music but my favorite is hip hop and rap. Looking for tight and clean bass.

2) Your volume(size of the box) requirement / goal.

Because of the limitation of space i have. I calculated a maximum of .80 sq ft. of colume. Im going to be doing the enclosure myself.

3) Your budget.
Since im going to buy the system by stages i currently dont have a fixed budget. But i wont expend more than 250-300 in subwoofers

Fof the 4-channel amp i was thinking of getting some good components for the front ($200) and a pair of good coaxials for the back ($150). Open for suggestions in this area.

I'm not focused on 2 10" i can also put 1 10" but i wouldnt put 1 12" because of the space limitation. I also thought of putting one Solobaric L7 but not sure if that would be over kill for my truck (it sure would hit hard).

The reason i was looking for a soundstream amp is so that i would have a matching pair of amps, but if dont find a GOOD reference or rubicon 4ch amp, i'll end up looking for other options ($200-250)

Thanks for the help

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic