the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI Window module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

This past weekend I installed a Viper 791xv and also hooked up my windows. Everthing was working fine untill today. When I use the Aux channel (perss and hold) the windows vent if I continue to hold the windows roll down. The windows also roll up when I arm the system. I connected a wire from the window module to a (- input when armed) This was working properly. But today as I noticed, Pressing the AUX channel on the remote operates the windows as normal but when I arm the system the windows roll down instead of up. Why are they working backwards is my question? Any suggestions?

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Have the changed any of the wires after you got it working correctly?
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
dyer 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
That happened to me once, check your door trigger wire. I accidentlly once tapped into the door trigger wire. So when the doors closed it saw ground and made the windows roll down...it was confusing. But like TeamRF said double check your wiring if you have done anything since your initial install.
Dyer
jaurora 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  

This is the whole problem, I dident change any wires. It worked great for two days and this happened on and off.

I got so aggervated because I couldent set my alarm or remote start my truck without my windows going down. So last night I just cut the orange wire (- when armed wire) and I am able to use everything again. I can still use the AUX channel to roll them down and that still works fine, the one touch up and one touch down from the drivers switch still works. The windows just dont go up when the system is armed. I guess this will have to do for now. With all this said and done could it be the input on the window module or could it be the output from the 791xv? This stuff can really be a pain. What I am goung to try is to connect the input wire of the window module to an alligator clip and tap the other side to ground to see if this makes the windows go up. If it does I have to lean toward the problem of the viper output. If I continue to have the same problem I know its the module. Could a bad ground give me these problems? Mabey I will try to re-ground the wire.

Jeremy
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Just a thought.... did you diode isolate the orange wire? Band towards brain at the window module, and also band towards the brain at the XCRS. It should keep them from "seeing" each other. This may be part of the issue.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
i agree with gus1 also you might want to try and hook up a relay to the orange wire to juice up the ground
jaurora 
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

That does seem like a possibilty to try. I will first use diodes and see if it helps. If it still happens we shall use a relay. If it still happens the module will grow wings.

Jeremy
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Per dei instructions you have to diode anything on the orange wire unless it's a stand alone starter kill. Like the prewired ones that all you do is hook up.
Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
jaurora 
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Guys,

Seems that the problem is solved. I added the diode and walla, they work again. Gus once agin you pulled through, more knowledge learned. Jschult, a little late, but yes you were right. Where were you yesterday? Jimbo, thanks also, I have never thought about using a relay to create a stronger ground, but this will be embedded into my head incase this option ever needs to be used in future installs.

Thanks

Jeremy
jaurora 
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Guys,

Seems that the problem is solved. I added the diode and walla, they work again. Gus once agin you pulled through, more knowledge learned. Jschult, a little late, but yes you were right. Where were you yesterday? Jimbo, thanks also, I have never thought about using a relay to create a stronger ground, but this will be embedded into my head incase this option ever needs to be used in future installs.

Thanks

Jeremy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic