icon

still trying to get this clifford right

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diggerdoo 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure about the period of time if you put 4 wrong combos in. The valet switch is usually used to program features into the alarm, like auto arming and auto door locking. Yes, the ignition wire is WHITE/ brown. Did Clifford include a wiring diagram or installation instructions? They usually don't, but they always include a user manual, which should have detailed instructions on adding a remote, deleting a lost remote, etc. Feel free to scan the user manual and email it to me, maybe I can clear up your problem.
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

The only problem I see here is that everyone is assuming your alarm is using the preset valet code of "2" which wouldnt be a smart idea in the first place. If your valet code was changed at any time (which is recommended) then you wont get the alarm to respond without entering that code. With 5 (might be 4, cant remember) unsuccessful attempts the alarm will ignore the valet switch for something like 15min because it thinks someone is guessing codes. You should get to a clifford dealer that has the dealer / installer version of cliffnet wizard and see if they will connect it to your alarm. It will tell them what the valet code is. And no removing power will not let you try the codes again any sooner. If you are sure your code is the factory default of "2" your valet switch could be defective which I have seen before. Clifford installation guides even tell you how to test your valet switch with a meter to determine if its bad. You can download the install manuals from http://www.directed.com/coms.asp Hope this helps...good luck with it.

diggerdoo 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
The above link is really usefull if you don't have the owners manual, but I couldn't find a Clifford install manual. As Cutlass has already had the alarm respond and go into programming mode (near the beginning of these posts), I think the problem would be understanding the neccesary steps and the amount of time that you have to do them.
Cutlass, are you able to get into programming mode? The possible number of codes for the valet are limitless, but chances are you haven't changed it from the factory code of 2, which would be entered by pressing **blank on the valet switch. If you're able to get this far, your next step is entering in your remotes. Right after entering your code above, press and hold * until you hear the siren chirp (aprox 4 sec). Next press * once, and within 5seconds press blank on the valet. now immediately press button 1 on the remote and you should hear one chirp from the siren. Again push button 1 on the remote and you should hear 2 chirps. To exit, turn the ignition off, or disconnect the WHITE/ brown wire.
Dave Walker 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

Not being funny, but if these guys dont know how to check 0v (previuos posts) or how to use o DMM, should they really be fitting car alarms !!!!!

If you are not up to the job, dont even bother, you could cause a fire etc etc

Dave Walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  

If these guys cant even use a DMM, or are trying to hook up an alarm to a battery charger, should they really be trying to fit car alarms.

Bite the bullet and call a professional fitter

its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  

deocder wrote:
Well, I made some progress. I read in another post that I needed +12V to go to the WHITE/ Brown wire to get the alarm to see that the ignition was on. This allowed the alarm to respond to the valet buttons. The alarm shut off after entering the factory code.
I now realize that the alarm brain should have been installed before the Intellestart. I installed them at the same time.
Now my troubles is getting the remote autoprogrammed. I followed the procedure but keep getting 3 chirps insteat of the confirmation 1 chirp. The three chirps does not coinside with the led shutting off so it is still in the programmable features menu. Not sure why this is happening.
Time to do more searching.

diggerdoo, your post is really helpful if Cutlass was able to get his into programming mode but he isnt able to do that from what I am reading. It looks like decoder was having the same problem with his and was able to make some progress but not Cutlass =) BTW I checked the link and it does look like they have removed the install guides from the page. I downloaded an Avauntguard4 install manual from there a few months ago but its not there now. If I come up with a link to an install guide I will post it.

vlepouce 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2005 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Here is the link to the installation manuals.
DEI Installation Manuals
Hope this helps.
Vic
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic