the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

02 cavalier, factory key fob to arm/disarm alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
repmud 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
I did some searching only to find out that it looks like I have to use my factory key fob to arm/disarm alarm on my 02 cavalier. Is this true? I did see a post by Sparkie though, that mentioned a GMDACAV, I think it was for an 04 cavalier. He said it is specially made for cavaliers and sunfires. Does anyone have any more info on this module?
thanks.
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2005 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  

you shouldn't have any problems with the 02 cav.   use a PLXR or PLDATA or other module for Passlock 2.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
GMDATACAV= POS. I have yet to have one actually work properly.... they been disco'd by Automobility as far as I can tell. You can try the GMDLBP, but it looks like it only does the passlock portion, nothing ofthefactory content theft stuff.
Use a 555L, do doorlocks and trunk release, pull the batteries out of the factory remotes and put them in a little baggie in the glovebox. The factory alarm only arms with the remote.... don't use the remote, nothingto worry about.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
mladams 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with gus 1. unlock the doors with the factory remote and ditch them in the glove box. As soon as the factory alarm is deactivated with the keyfob it remains deactivated.
Matt Adams
Electrical Engineer Major
York College of PA
Chevy Cavy Rally Sport

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic