icon

94 camry, 3 amps to 4 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stripes26051 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing 3 amps to 4 subs in my friends car (94  camry) could sombody give me an idea on how to wire and get the most wattage out of it. i was told to daisy chain it       P\+[ A ]-\___/+[ A ]-\___/+[ A ]-/G  and then take the main amp and do the same for the speaker to the two subs and then bridge each other amp to their own sub

-jordan

petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  

more info (model amp's) (speakers) SOOOO! IS YOUR CAR ON FIRE YET! Be carefull sound's like you're about to pull alot of power !

thad

petergozinya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  
Stripes26051 wrote:

I am installing 3 amps to 4 subs in my friends car (94  camry) could sombody give me an idea on how to wire and get the most wattage out of it. i was told to daisy chain it       P\+[ A ]-\___/+[ A ]-\___/+[ A ]-/G  and then take the main amp and do the same for the speaker to the two subs and then bridge each other amp to their own sub

-jordan

Glad to see you 're here many people would be more than glad to help you!=) I THINK YOU'RE CRAZY!  pulling three amp's off a camery altenator?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
really need model #'s of amps and models of subs, not all amps are able to daisy chain
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Stripes26051 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

Its not that great it crappy power acoustic amps but there rockford subs basicly just temps cuz hes know sum1 who will buy them from him for double what he payed but i kno the amp can be daisy chained

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
What was your question?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
twofootthumpin 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
    First off with any three amps unless they are rated for less than 100 watts a piece I would not trust that stock alt. smoke that and your all done. But because I have this feeling they are larger amps theres no way you can keep anything powered. And with three amps and four subs your set up is strage as all get up, it would help to know what you want to run and what is in what boxes, specially if model numbers were used. But mainly I would not trust the stock alt. for anything that you are willing to run HO is the way to go. Most amps I would not trust doing the daisy chain with just for compatibility problems and fire hazards sometimes its just better to run two subs on one amp and and a sub on a amp for the others. But I guess it depends on your set up and what you have for compatibility.
Yes, money is everything when it comes to a huge system.
Stripes26051 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
its three boxes basicly two singles and one dual they are all 12's, right now its only two amps and the four subs its pulling some power but not much i have a voltometer hooked up and im not loosing much, i need more power so i am ordering another power acoustic amp that rated at like 980wats so i figure its putting out like 300 or so and  i was planning on getting a fused distribution block and wiring it all out from there.i figured that would be easiest but im not sure how much would a new alternator cost
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
............lol............I'm scratching my head like kfr01 is........as he said, is there a question in there somewhere?
petergozinya 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Please comb that for us.as you can gather we are wired for sound ! "two single's one dual" 'two amp's " FOUR SUB'S!-YOU NEED TO HELP US BEFORE WE CAN HELP YOU! (do you want to run notch filter's on you're rear 12's and run one of them sub bass.) where did that fourth sub come from?

flare gun.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic