icon

Top Notch Comp. Subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xaudiopipex 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
FUSION has a 12" comp. that max is 3000watts, it comes with a re-cone kit which i think every comp sub does
mjvandermuss 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the replies, i'm willing to pay a few hundred per sub.  the RE XXX sound like a good choice, so does Brahma.  power class would be 1,000-2,000 per sub.  what amps are recommended with the above listed subs?  i am looking for SPL and SQ.  this is for my 97 Monte Carlo, so its not going to be much of a show car just for DB drags (hopefully).  also if anybody has any pictures of a great comp. install in a trunk please post.  i am also curious as to where to locate the subs for best results.  i will build the custom fiberglass boxes or if something else is recommended for less sound loss i am open to any ideas.  thanks for all the help and please keep spitting your ideas at me.
Cpl Moose
USMC Iraq
mjvandermuss 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
i currently have the Kenwood Excelon 12" KFC-XW1225dB.  i have 2 of these pushed each by a sony xplode 1000 watt amp.  based on what i am working with are there any other recommendations?
Cpl Moose
USMC Iraq
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
If you want a real SPL sub get the RE MT. The XXX's are actually more of a an sq sub..the SX would be a better choice for spl as well, but definitely the MT all the way if you've got the money.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
I would first go with another amp.  I would try a good 1000 watt hi power D class amp
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Definitely get a new amp...i just read what you have...it wont last you long. Sony Xplode amps are horribly designed and crap out on just about everyone that purchases one. They are also very overrated. That 1200w amp probably barely puts out 200-250 actual wrms. After you choose the sub you want, we can help you find a good amp according to what you're buying.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
For best results in a SPL contest, take out the back seats and build a wall for your subs. You will lose your rear seat room but its will be LOUD. If you dont want to do that find some way to port the trunk to the cabin of the car (if you have fold down seats your lucky). As far as amps go, any of the HiFonics Brutus amps put out good power for the money, also Orion amps are pretty cheap over at ikesound.com, and memphis makes some killer maps if you ave a little more money to spend.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
You want a crazy loud amp with good clean power, check the following: US amps, MMATS, and Cadence. All are fantastic amps.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Those are good amps, but may be a little out of his price range. For the kind of power hes gonna need, hes gonna be lookin at well over $1000 worth of amps if he goes with one of those brands.
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

For Spl.  First you have to go ported. Secound give more than enough power.  Then for subs there is the popular, L7's and the solo x pure spl.  But recently i found out that Power Acokstiks has a series of subs called MOFO.  These have high rms ratings and require ports tuned to 40hz, and the best part about it is you can find a 12 for about 129 dollars.  The 12's have a 1200 rms rating.

Check out this site for the price and specs.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=369&stk_code=powmofo12&svbname=293

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic