Best Sub Under $175

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

hmm...

i recommend a single RE SE 10".  600rms.  Have a nice SQ system setup.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

yamahaking2000 wrote:
stevdart go away

no problem, kid.

petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

stevdart wrote:
Am I the only one getting annoyed wasting my time watching a couple of high school buddies using this forum for their arguments??  Mods, are you watching?

NO! YOU'RE NOT. But i said some crappy stuff to sombody the other day that said we were a bunch of idiot's so mabey us newbies will take into consideration the amount of perfesionalism contained in this site and that it it pricless to most of us.

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  
petergozinya wrote:

stevdart wrote:
Am I the only one getting annoyed wasting my time watching a couple of high school buddies using this forum for their arguments??  Mods, are you watching?

NO! YOU'RE NOT. But i said some crappy stuff to sombody the other day that said we were a bunch of idiot's so mabey us newbies will take into consideration the amount of perfesionalism contained in this site and that it it pricless to most of us.

One big run-on sentence and then.... perfesionalism.  Dude that’s sweet.

Anyhow, yeah they are wasting space; I'll just unsubscribe from the thread.  I really don'd care if these two girlfriends type forum messages back and forth till I send my youngest to college.

Running your system without a cap can cause alternator damage?  I had no idea!  I better call the customers.  Thanks, yamahadude2000! 

You have no concept of what those subs can do if you think you need to bandpass them to achieve a impressive spl level.  As for you being a SQ guy, bandpass and SQ don’t belong in the same sentence.  Use bandpass for one thing: to juice all the volume you can out of a crappy woofer at the cost of low frequency extension and sound quality.

What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
As an aside, I agree with heavy and stevdart here. This thread has gotten off topic and is just about as riddled with misinformation as it is not. I'm in favor of closing this topic.
I also agree with Heavy's opinion against the bandpass box.
On capacitors: I've never seen an ounce of proof they help at all. Personally, I think they're a waste of money for most systems.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmm, mis-information and flaming on stevdart, never a good mix. First off, the comment about him blowing his altenator because he didnt have a cap is about the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. Plain and simple, apperantly you didnt know better. If his altenator went then it was on the way out anyways and the strain of an audio system just brought its demise around in a  timly manner. A cap would not have stopped this from happening or even slowed it down, that sucker was toast before he started. Now on to the comment about the bandpass box and sq and loud and what not. Bandpass boxes are loud, they are usefull in the case where you have a low end sub and want more output out of it. They do sound like absoulte sh*t. They are big and hard to build correctly. Those are the simple facts on Bandpass boxes. If you are using a sony explode driver, thats fine. If thats what you like then by al means use it and love it. I would recomending throwing it in a ported enclose as that it they way I have seen them preform the best. Also throw as much power at it as your wallet can afford because I have heard those sonys off of some larger amps such as a RF BD1000.1 and they definatly loved the extra power. This isnt rocket science, this is car audio. Its not medicine its car audio. If you f**k up no one will die, worst case senario is your stuff doesnt sount good or you smoke something. Not a big deal just live and learn. The only other advice I have for you is please make sure if you are gonna make  a comment like that altenator one you reserch it ahead of time or explain why something like that makes sense or who led you to believe that. Its so much easier to correct misinformation like that right away then letting it spread like the small poxs through our little world here.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
i love how half you you keep posting about what bandpass boxes are... as if no one knew...
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

how do i close this thread? theres no need for it anymore...

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

If you are tired of this thread, log out.  Then log back in; under Options select "Log in with Administrator privileges".  Highlight the topic and click "close topic".

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic