icon

Best Sub Under $175

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
haha im the one trying to make them have SOME SQ and he pretty much just wants SPL so he can be "cool" like his buddies with the dual 12" subs running like 1000w off of no name crap... lol and the thing is... they THINK they have the BEST subs/setup around OH MAN. the sony was only because hes on a tight budget and he just wants a big number of watts.
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

Those two subs should pound sealed, and hit lower then a bandpass, go ported and make a compromise if ya want, but ported boxes are larger.

This reminds me of a story...  A short one, goes like this.  Once their was this guy from Alaska who came down to visit family in Kansas.  All the people down in Kansas had been shopping at Wal-mart for their "high-end" audio needs.  This boy from Alaska only buys wiring harnesses and sometimes a wiring kit from WallyLand, not subwoofers and amplifiers.  When they heard his one 10" HX2 Punch and JBL 1200.1 they had a 'hoe-down' for it was a glorious thing to behold: one small subwoofer and amp that could 'boom' like that.

Short of it is: if all his friends have been shopping at Walmart for audio, these subs should be quite impressive in any configuration.

What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
haha, i like thatBest Sub Under $175 - Page 3 -- posted image. its so true too. i think we'll go with dual sealed to put in his ranger and each be made into some sort of seat
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Eh, if you have 2 woofers, why are you getting the DVC version??  That way, you can only get 1 ohm or 4 ohms, not 2 ohms.

hmmmm.....a enclosure that doubles as a seat.......have fun sitting there!!!

In that case, I'd go with a sealed box, down-fire, that'll do nicely.

As far as an amp, Sony amps are pretty much junk from what I've heard.  You can pickup an alpine MRD-M501 (550 watts RMS, a damn lot max if you wanna talk in BS numbers) for $250 inc. shipping on some websites (use froogle!!!!)  That'll actually put out 550 watts, actually more.

Good choice on subs thou.  I've got a Perfect 12.1D, and it's awsome.  I've got a friend that got 2 Pioneer 10's and is like "mine can hit harder than yours".....well, lets just say that it is louder....but it sounds like ****.....

jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

the kid has no friends... no one will be sitting in the back anyways, its just incase he HAPPENS to stumble upon a reason to need seats in the backBest Sub Under $175 - Page 3 -- posted image. we knew the amp was crap but hes got a very tight budget at the moment and will eventually upgrade the entire system beacuse hes heard my brahma and knows what it can do even though i never turn it up very loudBest Sub Under $175 - Page 3 -- posted image. yeah we looked around froogle first but found the best deals on ebay so we just did it there.

yamahaking2000 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
aint i mister popular........ oh well, i do have friends and the seat idea was jettagli03's idea lol what a funny kid that mormon. anyways im not trying to get spl, im more of a sq guy, but alittle of both would be nice so i could show all those awanabes at my school with their crap subs that they bought for pawn america! hahahahaha... i mean the moron tried to run his amp and stuff without a cap and blew his alternator in like 5 days.... cmon i even know better and i am new to this....
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i know im a genius.. think about it.. if you've ever been in a ranger extended cab you know theres NO room at all for ANYTHING and a sub would get rid of the seats. sooo i was like just put the boxes where the back seats are and make then into the new seats.. i know im a genius.. hold the applause. but i like Drewt's idea of making them down firing... i'll have to incorporate that into my design plans
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Am I the only one getting annoyed wasting my time watching a couple of high school buddies using this forum for their arguments??  Mods, are you watching?
jettagli03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
what we're still getting input from people out there... whats wrong that we know each other.. we're not arguing at all... im just telling him what to do :-P and he knows it because hes never done this before and then we're getting extra feedback by people who know these products better than we do.. just look at it... like 30 replies and like 450 views... its not like we're bickering back and forth together
yamahaking2000 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart go away if u dont like us not like you need to help us, we seem to be off to a good start with other people who are actually nice enough to give us some of their imput since they probably have more experience than us.....so chill its all good man
2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1D - Sony crap amp(cant find my specs lol)
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic